Phase 1 complete

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JTSVP Venom Coils, Venom wires, indexed plugs gap increased to .050, roe throttle body, injectors bench cleaned and fuel system flushed with BG products. Oil changed, radiator flushed. Inside of intake was clean with no oil and we Scoped the intake ports on the head. Pristine with no carbon or build up. Looked like a fresh build. Intake was ceramic coated.

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

Last edited:
You did sand the TB and use RED locktight on the threads for the blad right?

Didnt need to sand. I used 4 feeler gauges on each corner of the blade to perfectly square it and centered the end play run out to prevent the blade from touching on each side where the shaft goes through. it doesnt touch anywhere I torqued each screw to 10 inch pounds, double checked it, then torqued them down, I did use locktite and dimpled the thread ends of the bolts. No way they are coming out. I heated it up with a heat gun and verified clearances, then took it for a test drive to temp and had no issues as of yet.

JeffBoyette said:
Any time you want to head to MIR we can. I'd like to get the tune worked on. A lot of changes and a different region of the US since Geodriller had torrie work on it

It's black ceramic, cured in an oven. Sprayed on wet instead of dry.
Ceramic Engine Paints

Looks like a wrinkle finish. Looks real nice

Any time you want to head to MIR we can. I'd like to get the tune worked on. A lot of changes and a different region of the US since Geodriller had torrie work on it.

Unless Wes had it dyno tuned torrie won't change anything. He has some hand made off the shelf tunes that everyone gets. I asked if I changed the tb and the cat back if I needed a new tune and he said...... NO.

Unless Wes had it dyno tuned torrie won't change anything. He has some hand made off the shelf tunes that everyone gets. I asked if I changed the tb and the cat back if I needed a new tune and he said...... NO.

Geodriller name is Chris. Chris got the canned tune initially, and it had a broken ignition wire when he had it dyno'd. When i got it dyno'd in florida it was pretty rich, cant remember the ratios but the tech commented on it being rich and there was more to be had. I cant find the graph along with a bunch of other paperwork after we moved to maryland. I would call the shop but they were bought out and changed company names in fort walton beach. Maybe they have it. I planned to get it dyno'd again to see the gains. It needs some dyno tuning attention. Plan on getting it checked in a week or two and ill send him the graph. If he thinks he can do anything better with the tune back and forth with emailing it, we will do it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back