Photography Thread

Here are some pics I have done over the past couple of months. The first one is going to be published in a magazine (Rotor Magazine) in Feb. These pictures (other than the first) were taken in Italy, Greece or Georgia (The Country). The 4th picture is a selfie. I put the camera on rock and used a remote.

I'm just now trying to figure out this HDR deal. I don't have any software that can do it. I'm trying to figure out the best program to buy that is somewhat reasonable in price.

...I'm just now trying to figure out this HDR deal. I don't have any software that can do it. I'm trying to figure out the best program to buy that is somewhat reasonable in price.

"Photomatix" is i think around a 100 bucks. Or, if you use Photoshop there is a plug-in called "HDR Efex Pro2" by Nik Software. I use both and i love it.

First - HDR Efex Pro, Second - Photomatix...

2a_zpsc6b3d95b.jpg

ford1_zps33c469b8.jpg

"Photomatix" is i think around a 100 bucks. Or, if you use Photoshop there is a plug-in called "HDR Efex Pro2" by Nik Software. I use both and i love it.

Photoshop is like $800 bucks and is more than I want to spend. I have the trial version of photomatix and I'm trying to figure it out now. I want to enrich the color a little but not turn it into a cartoon.

Flyinglow I have some great pics of helicopters I took in Bagram, Afghanistan. I'll load em up later for ya

Small build (1.6L) I have going on outside of the V10 world. Decided to pull out the camera out for a bit after working on it.

For those that want to know- its a HONDA! yes I know all the jokes. Anyway im turbocharging a jdm B16a3 SIR II w/ Type R LSD transmission. Expected HP 300's area. 1/4 mile time expected on slicks-12's

Last edited:
Nothing spectacular, but don't get to see one every day.

Attachments

• DSC_0039-2.jpg
    DSC_0039-2.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 55
Photoshop is like $800 bucks and is more than I want to spend. I have the trial version of photomatix and I'm trying to figure it out now. I want to enrich the color a little but not turn it into a cartoon.

lightroom isnt that expensive and its a pretty good program.

Sup. Went out early this morning and tried out the new ND filter/lens hood combo for long exposure pics during the day. I managed to get some good stuff.

I also tried my hand at some tilt/shift editing. Its ok considering it was my first time and the pic is really bright.

Not bad. Get up higher for the tilt shift.
I still haven't been able to get any new pics. Maybe I'll go out tonight and see what I can get.

Thanks. The tilt shift is just an edit option. Thats an older pic. Being that I live in the flatlands of South Carolina, getting higher up for pictures isnt an east thing to do but Ill try.

I'm right there with you. The only way I can get up higher is a building. Florida is pretty flat.

Settings were full manual with a 4 second exposure and an ND filter on a tripod. What is HDR?

About HDR Photography

Combines 3-5 pics. Basically normal, under exposed, over exposed into one image.

The attached pics is the final HDR

Normally for you to see the underside of the pier the sky would be too bright and washed out. For you to see the sky, the underside of the pier would be too dark.

Attachments

• DSC_0166_7_8_tonemapped.jpg
    DSC_0166_7_8_tonemapped.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 38
Here is a normal pic (taken at auto setting I believe) and a HDR

Attachments

• DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0061_3_4.jpg
    DSC_0061_3_4.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 39
So I need to take 3-5 pics with different exposure times? Then combine them. I read the tutorial but I'm on my phone in a bar so its kinda hard to understand at the moment. I get that you basically need dark, medium, and bright pics to combine....but how? I don't think my camera has the auto bracketing thing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back