• Honda CBR1000RR

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Yamaha YZF-R1

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Kawasaki ZX-14

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
OCBob said:
I might just be able to help you out there too, I know someone who just left a dealership in VA, and still knows folks there. If I can help let me know.

Thanks...will do.....

The new Buell 1125R is going to be quite the bike, if you can get past the slightly goofy looks - 140 hp liquid cooled v-twin!!

All the current liter bikes are so powerful, picking the fastest is kind of a moot point. Even the slowest of the group will rocket you to 120+mph in the blink of an eye, and it's pretty doubtful most of us have anywhere near the skill to exploit even a fraction of their abilities. Pick whichever one is most comfortable and looks the best to you, you really can't go wrong with any of them.

RatMotor said:
The new Buell 1125R is going to be quite the bike, if you can get past the slightly goofy looks - 140 hp liquid cooled v-twin!!

All the current liter bikes are so powerful, picking the fastest is kind of a moot point. Even the slowest of the group will rocket you to 120+mph in the blink of an eye, and it's pretty doubtful most of us have anywhere near the skill to exploit even a fraction of their abilities. Pick whichever one is most comfortable and looks the best to you, you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Yep...all the 1000cc look alot alike....

I'm a Kawasaki man and I have been for many years.....

I came from the era when the English Twin was at the heart of the fast bike craze..... I loved my Norton 750 and the TR650/Bonnevilles too.

I've owned the fabled ZX11 when it was king and bought the 10R when it came out..... Since I'm in a been there-done that stage of my riding life...and since getting into a tuck on these increasingly smaller frames is no longer possible... I have a ZZR1200.....and it is enough.....

But, after all is said and done, and after listening to all my best and most trusted biker buddies share their experiences, it seems pretty obvious that when all is said and done that the Gixxer 1000 does rank at the top of the chain and has as long as it's been out....

Every bike has a particular specialty at which it performs better than the others.... One has great fit and finish. One has the best manners on the track...etc, etc...and I love the best of Ducatis offerings as much as anyone....

But, I believe that according to all the experts, that the Gixxer comes out on top all around.....

But I think I'd still rather have my old Norton 750 Commando..... Loose top motor mount and all............. It pulled yer hair out by the roots when ya screwed it on...and the sound was unbelieveable.

D

I said that I don't like Kawi's many times.... But, I saw this bad mo-fo outside the Pub tonight, and it looks KILLER! :dontknow: :rock: :D :eek:

Kawasaki Z1000 (2007 model)

07-z1000.jpg

I might STILL try to trade my '07 600RR in on this though.... The new KTM SUPER DUKE. :drool:

KTM%20Super%20Duke.jpg

Went to the bike store today....Sat on each bike mentioned on the poll and the only one that felt right was this guy. The sport bikes are a bit too uncomfortable for my "frame".

I do love their looks though.

Attachments

• IMAGE_021.jpg
    IMAGE_021.jpg
    882.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAGE_022.jpg
    IMAGE_022.jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAGE_023.jpg
    IMAGE_023.jpg
    728.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAGE_024.jpg
    IMAGE_024.jpg
    836.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAGE_025.jpg
    IMAGE_025.jpg
    709.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAGE_026.jpg
    IMAGE_026.jpg
    775.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAGE_027.jpg
    IMAGE_027.jpg
    692.5 KB · Views: 22
jrgnd said:
Went to the bike store today....Sat on each bike mentioned on the poll and the only one that felt right was this guy. The sport bikes are a bit too uncomfortable for my "frame".

I do love their looks though.

LOLOL dude you went completely out of round!! that is nothing like ya listed!:D

kick ass bike bro:rock:

Go check out the Harley Road King. And remember, there are lots of low, low mileage used bikes out there these days, and you will save a bunch on chrome going used too LOL.

Check out the FXR too, you might like that.

OCBob said:
Go check out the Harley Road King. And remember, there are lots of low, low mileage used bikes out there these days, and you will save a bunch on chrome going used too LOL.

Don't care what kind as long as it has storage for the beer:D

Stinker said:
LOLOL dude you went completely out of round!! that is nothing like ya listed!:D

kick ass bike bro:rock:

I know...Got on ZX-14 and it just didn't feel right. The throttle diameter is to small for my comfort.

It went down hill from there. From the sports bikes, the Kawasaki were the most comfortable.

But after getting on that Vulcan it was no contest...

Last edited:
Before you buy...call and speak to Boomer...just do it...you will get some great input, and you might just be surprised at what he can do for you.

jrgnd said:
I know...Got on ZX-14 and it just didn't feel right. Diameter is to small for my comfort.

It went down hill from there. From the sports bikes, the Kawasaki were the most comfortable.

But after getting on that Vulcan it was no contest...

ROCK ON BRUDDHA:rock:

Prof said:
Before you buy...call and speak to Boomer...just do it...you will get some great input, and you might just be surprised at what he can do for you.

I am also looking at the victory bikes....

Last edited:
OCBob said:

I almost went for a brand new Road King Custom...But it was a bit expensive. I will look at the used ones...

jrgnd said:
I almost went for a brand new Road King Custom...But it was a bit expensive. I will look at the used ones...

Either way , nice rides.:D :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back