Pick your Sports Bike...

Discussion in 'Non-Offensive' started by jrgnd, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Kawasaki ZX-10R

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  2. Suzuki GSX-R1000

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  3. Honda CBR1000RR

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  4. Yamaha YZF-R1

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  5. Kawasaki ZX-14

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  1. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE Active Member Preferred Vendor

Ricardo you have two different themes there, hard to vote:dontknow:

it all depends on what you want , and take no offense to this.
    :D

The R1, the GSXR and the ZX are hardcore race bikes, especially here lately.

The R1 is quick and nimble, good feedback on the suspension, but not as powerful as the others.

the ZX is just a monster on power! TONS of it! but its handling is just not on par, and a tad heavier feeling in the turns.

the GSXR is killer all the way around, light feeling, great suspension, and super power that is very very linear.

But now are ya wantin to hit the curves hard? Just cruise around and look pretty and do wheelies?
    Or jsut country afternoons?

If you are hitting the curves any of the above will do, the GSXR si the most forgiving and holds it value the best.

But if ya want to ride more than 100 miles at a time you have no choice but the busa.

But its a pig and curves scare it:D

2. jrgnd

jrgnd Full Access Member

Cool...Thanks Stink...I didn't add the Busa cause I assumed the ZX-14 was on top as far as power goes...Wish I could add it to the poll but I can't. Keep it coming...

BTW I want it all, speed, curves and comfort. After all I own a truck that fits that profile...:D :D :D

I know it might not be possible though...

3. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

I would seriously look at the ZX then, it actually has real decent street riding.

the GSXR and the R1, the rear sets are pretty radical.

Plus with the ZX-10 you will have enough power to stand toe to toe with the ZX-14 , just not above 170:p

4. jrgnd

jrgnd Full Access Member

Cool....When are you doing a mid-atlantic GTG?...I might take the bike in the bed of the truck..:D :D

5. OCBob

OCBob VIPER POWERED

I'm serious, go down to a harley dealer and check out the night rod. I haven't been a huge vrod fan (even though I had one hehe) up to now, but that is a really cool bike.

6. jrgnd

jrgnd Full Access Member

Will do.....

7. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

:dontknow: sometime soon I hope:D

The night rod is a cool bike:rock:

8. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Kawasaki has thoroughly revised the engine and chassis of its ZX-10R for 2008. The 998cc Inline Four has been retuned for increased high-rpm performance with the addition of oval-shaped 43mm throttle bodies, a second set of fuel injectors, a larger air box and a host of internal engine changes. The additional power is kept in line by a new ignition system that features “torque management,â€￾a.k.a. traction control, which monitors throttle position, gear position and rate of RPM change and adjusts the ignition timing to tame “sudden unwanted RPM spikes.â€￾

The Ninja’s twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm have been revised to enhance rigidity and feedback. A new subframe and seat provide a new riding position and better rider feel. The aluminum alloy wheels have been made lighter and stronger, and front brake rotors have grown to 310mm. Redesigned bodywork and mirrors with integrated turn signals complete the $11,549 package.

9. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

this would be the finest choice of wines:rock:

MV Agusta USA Announces New Financing Promotion
    With GE Money's FUNancing Program

Willow Grove, PA (USA) – Cagiva USA, Inc. announces its strongest promotion ever on the world’s most coveted motorcycle: the MV Agusta F41000R, the fastest production 1000cc motorcycle at Bonneville Speed Week 2006.

From October 1 through November 30, 2007, qualified customers can finance new, untitled 2007 F41000R and F41000R 1+1 units for as low as 3.74%.

This financing, which is available through GE Money’s FUNancing program, makes it easier than ever for riders to purchase pure motorcycle art. With its new Magneti Marelli 5SM ignition-injection system, radial-mount Brembo brakes, ultralight Brembo forged aluminum wheels, Marzocchi Road Advanced Component forks, and Sachs racing rear shocks, the F41000R offers power and control, wrapped in luxurious Italian styling.

As part of this campaign, all other new MV Agusta models—including the Brutale 910S and 910R, and the F4 R 312 — are available for as low as 7.99%. For the first time ever, pre-owned MV Agusta units are also eligible for financing.

Complete program details are available at all authorized MV Agusta dealers. Please visit www.mvagustausa.com for a list of dealers.

Located in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania (USA), Cagiva USA, Inc. is the exclusive North American importer of MV Agusta motorcycles. MV Agusta Motor S.p.A. is the manufacturer of MV Agusta motorcycles and is headquartered in Varese, Italy.

Additional information:
    www.mvagustausa.com

10. Prof

Prof New Member Supporting Member

With all the reading Stinker does on trucks and motorcycles...one might be well advised to spend some time around Joanne's back porch, and drop a few compliments on her cooking and intelligence...

And reference his Fun Financing information...

I think most of the grasshoppers here would be well advised to never finance a vehicle. Period. Sorry but that is a fact of life...buy what you can afford with savings. If you want the new Viper save the money...30 years from now the interest you pay on vehicles no matter how low, (other than Zero) if saved and invested conservatively, will enable you to retire ten years early...

Compounding is magic...but to get the impact of compounding you have to have funds to invest...compute the future value of the interest you have paid for the most recent vehicle you have purchased at say 8% (and the average over the past 60 years in the stock market is 12%) annually in 30 years...you will drop your teeth!

I know, dumb...but someone had to say it.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  11. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLLOLLOL are ya sayin she is needy?:D :D :D

12. MUTT

MUTT Full Access Member

true...IF you have to have a crotch rocket, then buell is the way to go:D

13. Prof

Prof New Member Supporting Member

Not saying...just wishing...

14. Fit95

Fit95 Full Access Member

2003 Harley V-Rod for sale if anyone is interested. 5800 miles and tons of hd mods - no time to ride. Make offer (by the way, the V-Rod is awesome for a harley!

Harley and a Honda ----> I know it's blasphemy

15. jrgnd

jrgnd Full Access Member

Pics please....

16. OCBob

OCBob VIPER POWERED

If you are in SoCal I would recommend Bigg's for any Harley purchases. You won't be able to beat their prices, let me know if you decide to do that, I know some folks there.

17. RedRamRules

RedRamRules Full Access Member

No consideration for a Ducati? BTW be careful with the bikes Ric!

18. jrgnd

jrgnd Full Access Member

I live in VA...But really appreciate the offer...

19. jrgnd

jrgnd Full Access Member

I think that would be out of my desire price range...

I know...It's like handling a weapon....You have to respect the power it has....:)

20. OCBob

OCBob VIPER POWERED

I might just be able to help you out there too, I know someone who just left a dealership in VA, and still knows folks there. If I can help let me know.