Piedmont Dragway GTG - End of June

SilvrSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The challenge has been offered and the place has been determined. Just need to lock down a date for it to happen. End of June is preferred. Lets start a discussion on what day suits everyone. Thursday was preferred by the challenger since it's a test & tune night. So that gives us the 21st or the 28th. What works for ya?

Either is good for me, the 28th may be more interesting with the Real Street drags.

Plus it it gives me another week to get the trans broke in.....probably wont have the truck back on the road until the 4th or 5th.

If you do it on the 28th, there will be a good sized crowd there. Either way, just let me know so I can set aside parking, etc.

Since things didn't go so well with the "Friendly Challenge". It's probably a good idea to keep involved parties seperated. :(
But that doesn't mean we have to cancel the GTG. We just need to plan one somewhere else. Lets still shoot for the end of June sometime. Anyone know of a good place or an event we can meet at?

SilvrSRT10 said:
Not a bad suggestion but we're more a Hooters type crowd when we meet.:rock:

Yeah, Me too.....But it was supposed to be a joke!:D :2in1:

SilvrSRT10 said:
Since things didn't go so well with the "Friendly Challenge". It's probably a good idea to keep involved parties seperated. :(
But that doesn't mean we have to cancel the GTG. We just need to plan one somewhere else. Lets still shoot for the end of June sometime. Anyone know of a good place or an event we can meet at?

You dont have to do that big guy, I can stand good for my buds, I apologze to ya'll, just a tad posessive over friends;)

He wants the challenge he can have it, I shall be cival:D sweet tea bojangles prommise:rock:

Stinker said:
You dont have to do that big guy, I can stand good for my buds, I apologize to ya'll, just a tad possessive over friends;)

He wants the challenge he can have it, I shall be civil:D sweet tea bojangles prommise:rock:
I know you probably could. But why tempt fate. You've both made ummmm remarks towards one another that could re-ignite if the circumstances were right. (How you like the way I put that?):D . If not you, someone else might jump in to clean house.:dontknow: This doesn't have to be a race GTG. Just the group sittin' down and have some lunch/dinner together. Like someone mentioned before, maybe Hooters in Winston-Salem again (oh, that was me).

Awesome, the mods edit posts now.

SilvrSRT10 said:
I know you probably could. But why tempt fate. You've both made ummmm remarks towards one another that could re-ignite if the circumstances were right. (How you like the way I put that?):D . If not you, someone else might jump in to clean house.:dontknow: This doesn't have to be a race GTG. Just the group sittin' down and have some lunch/dinner together. Like someone mentioned before, maybe Hooters in Winston-Salem again (oh, that was me).

cool beans big Dave:D I took some good advice today and def dont need to loose any of the 2.4 friends I have:D

shoulda called you and gotten yorn :rock:

Damn, I live too far away to attend.

You guys have good time, ya hear.:D

Bill.

Hey you guys! Just wanted to clarify something. My suggestions were just that. Suggestions. If y'all still want to do the Dragway thing them lets go for it. I'm not trying to dictate anything. Any other suggestions would be appreciated too. Stinkers thinking about a GTG in a field somewhere.:dontknow: And Ron wants to race his Miata around the bonfire in it. Anyhow, my original intention was for us to get together in a relaxed atmosphere instead of a potentially tense one at the track. Your thoughts and suggestions will be dually noted and discarded.:D Thanks for participating.

SilvrSRT10 said:
Hey you guys! Just wanted to clarify something. My suggestions were just that. Suggestions. If y'all still want to do the Dragway thing them lets go for it. I'm not trying to dictate anything. Any other suggestions would be appreciated too. Stinkers thinking about a GTG in a field somewhere.:dontknow: And Ron wants to race his Miata around the bonfire in it. Anyhow, my original intention was for us to get together in a relaxed atmosphere instead of a potentially tense one at the track. Your thoughts and suggestions will be dually noted and discarded.:D Thanks for participating.

I say we do both....a track day during the week and for those who cant make it, a GTG on the weekend ;)

Everyone's welcome as long as they act civil. We haven't decided exactly what or where things are going to happen so stay tuned as thing come together. Then after your first GTG you can decide how far away you want to be.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back