pinion angle

You are also going to cut down swaybar end links, to make them function properly again.the swaybar needs to be parallel to the ground.

i have asked this before, what part of the sway bar needs to be parallel to the ground????:dontknow::dontknow:

i have asked this before, what part of the sway bar needs to be parallel to the ground????:dontknow::dontknow:

The sway bar is essentially "U" shaped. The portions of the "U" that run from the front of the truck, towards the back of the truck, need to be parallel to the ground. Hope that makes sense.

The sway bar is essentially "U" shaped. The portions of the "U" that run from the front of the truck, towards the back of the truck, need to be parallel to the ground. Hope that makes sense.

yes it does, thanks:rock:

the step on our rear bar throws me off. go by the link end or go by where it makes the turn???

In order to keep the information on this post accurate, I am posting a update. On my truck with polyurethane bushings 4 degrees down was to much. The driveshaft would bind at a coast on the interstate. I went back to 2 degrees down and it's all good now.:rock:

sweet:rock::star::rock: thanks

In order to keep the information on this post accurate, I am posting a update. On my truck with polyurethane bushings 4 degrees down was to much. The driveshaft would bind at a coast on the interstate. I went back to 2 degrees down and it's all good now.:rock:

Okay... I'm trying to keep up. lol! So with a 3" drop in the rear you are using a 4 degree shim to get the pinion 2 degrees down at rest. Right??? Sorry, this is just the Polish in me shining through! lol

You are also going to cut down swaybar end links, to make them function properly again.the swaybar needs to be parallel to the ground.

Are you talking about just the rear sway bar or the front too?

I am talking about pinion angle not swaybar. Every truck is different. But my truck with a 3 in block and poly bushings in the rear springs took 6 degrees of shim to get 2 degrees of negative pinion angle. Negative is down.

I am talking about pinion angle not swaybar. Every truck is different. But my truck with a 3 in block and poly bushings in the rear springs took 6 degrees of shim to get 2 degrees of negative pinion angle. Negative is down.

What do the poly bushings do to change the equation? Does it affect ride height or just flex more at launch?

What do the poly bushings do to change the equation? Does it affect ride height or just flex more at launch?

flex less. probably raises it a bit. with the soft OEM rubber bushins will "settle" in from sittin & drivin.

did the rear poly bushins before the cal-tracs & had to give her an extra 3 to 400 extra r.p.m. so she would not bog take off:rock::burnout::D

how do you come up with the correct angle shim?

this is my rear diff
20130407_212953_zps7973c7fe.jpg

the drive shaft
20130407_212637_zpsd2ca5b48.jpg

Just put my driveshaft loop in and checked my pinion angle. -8 yuck!

Attachments

• 100_2853.JPG
    100_2853.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • 100_2855.JPG
    100_2855.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
In an "Ideal" Situation you want the Pinion angle to match the Transmission angle while under load.
When both angles match they cancel out each other (Drive shaft U Joint Vibration)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back