Played with a new 5.0 for lunch today!

Good run forsure bud,gets some more bolt ons and youll be running 12's all day! The GT's are fast butthe GT500's are even better ;)

I'm pickIng up slicks tom night so that may get me my 12.9 alone! Wishful thinking,but we'll see. I could stand headers, but not for some time.

DR's or slicks?

F'n MAN Slicks! Screw the drag radials. I never got to run the 395s but the 325s I would blow off the line! These are the M&H Nostalgia Slicks 30x14-16. It may bog now, but damn if I'm spinning thru the first 2 gears anymore.;)
ALthough it's a QC it still is a bitch to launch under throttle and a powershift to second is a good bit of tire spin as well.:dontknow::burnout::D

i've never had a chance to run even with the DR's...but i know jack leaves the line probably around 5k on the spray with the nostalgias and damn near dead hooks... i doubt you'll need any clutch modulation or you'll probably just burn the clutch up...

do you have cryoed spiders, at least?

i say leave on the rev limiter...and take a vid just in case:D

i've never had a chance to run even with the DR's...but i know jack leaves the line probably around 5k on the spray with the nostalgias and damn near dead hooks... i doubt you'll need any clutch modulation or you'll probably just burn the clutch up...

do you have cryoed spiders, at least?

i say leave on the rev limiter...and take a vid just in case:D

what the hell did you just say.....jibberish!:dontknow:

Yeah..........NO I won't be leaving off the rev limiter, but prolly in the 4000 range. I still have this forsaken 2 piece driveshaft I fear. I am going to try and rig a couple loops for it just in case. No cryoed spider gears, but they may have been making some noise anyhow, so we'll see how they hold up. :dontknow:

what are you mods - and what shifter do you have in your truck ?

I've finally settled on the B&M shifter after the Hurst and a few versions of XMetal. Mods are few! T56 conversion, Centerforce, coils, MSDs,exhaust minus headers, RC rear sway,RC kicker shock, K&N CAI,Torries 93 tune. Not really much, maxxing out what Dodge gave me pretty much. Once I am high 12s, then a nice camshaft;)

I've finally settled on the B&M shifter after the Hurst and a few versions of XMetal. Mods are few! T56 conversion, Centerforce, coils, MSDs,exhaust minus headers, RC rear sway,RC kicker shock, K&N CAI,Torries 93 tune. Not really much, maxxing out what Dodge gave me pretty much. Once I am high 12s, then im gunna sell it to Geo........CHEAP..;)

well hell yeah bro, give me a coule years:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back