Pleas Help me with code!!

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife was in a car accident today and I drove the truck really hard to the scene. Drove there with no problems other then the brakes started getting weak. From the scene to the hospital and back home the truck started running really rough. Now I'm throwing this code:
P0303-CYLINDER #3 MISFIRE - SRT10
Any idea of what could be wrong and how I can fix it? I'm already down to just my truck, because the BMW did not do to well. A 71 year old man in a F-150 ran into the back of the car at 35mph. He was eating and looking down, so he never saw my wife. Sarah is home now, she is pretty sore and has some cuts to her face. So any help on how to fix this code would sure help me out. I'm also worried that I could have damaged the tranny. The truck was warmed up before I drove it hard. I don't know. I'm just worried about the truck now that my wife is OK.

I believe #3 is on the driver's side, second one from the front. Glad your wife is OK.

Bill.

Could be as simple as the plug wire being shorted out...possible the retainer came off the valve cover and the wire could have touched the header...that will burn thru immediately, but you have to look carefully just a slight burn in the spark plug lead could cause you to throw that code. Should not be a major issue...

I am more worried about the brake fade...your brakes are one of the really strong systems in our trucks...at the Track Experience, they get a constant thrashing all day and never seem to fade...

So glad to hear that the wife is OK...

Damn old farts! They can't get out of the way, and they don't look where they are going...unless they are driving an SRT 10...

I don't want to be the bringer of bad news, but isn't #3 the one some people were burning up? I hope that is not the case.

Bill.

sorry to here that man,,,,,,i am concered about the brake fade too. Let us know what youre conclusion is

especially with the sts on there, hopefully you didnt kill it my man, id have done the same thing under the circumstances.

Glad the Wife is fine Scotty :rock: :rock:

I believe the code directly correlates to the Desk landing gear being down :D J/K Sounds like you fried the infamous #3 :( :(

So I should actually pull the spark plug out and look at it? Would there be other signs if I blew the piston? It seems to run the roughest at the bottom of 3rd gear (I think). No smoke out of the tail pipes. I did however hear a ticking noise. Oil levels are OK.

For the brake fade I think I due for some new pads. I'm sitting on about 24K on the stockers. Plus I was going from very high speeds to stop rather quickly and several times.

FlyingLow said:
So I should actually pull the spark plug out and look at it? Would there be other signs if I blew the piston? It seems to run the roughest at the bottom of 3rd gear (I think). No smoke out of the tail pipes. I did however hear a ticking noise. Oil levels are OK.

If you fried a cylinder, the plug will look either melted or physical damage. The color of the plug under normal conditions would be light brown to almost white. Other signs would include excessive blow-by (you would notice by removing the crank case vent tube from the intake), silver or metal particles in the oil, and obvious low cylinder compression (use compression test gage). A leak down test is the best option to verify cylinder health.

It sounds like it is more likely an electrical issue as stated earlier. Check your plug wire and connections. I use dielectric grease on my electrical connections. Make sure wires are clear of moving parts (steering components) or exhaust manifolds/headers. A grounded wire because it was burned through will show misfire codes.

Good Luck
-Muzzy

run it at night when its dark (pull the engine compartment light bulb out) and look for a bad spark plug wire, a bad wire will spark to the nearest ground.

glad your wife is OK, hmm about your #3 cylinder, try buy a compression test maybe it is the pistion rings

Glad to hear your wife came out OK Scott. I think it's an electrical problem, not a mechanical one. Like others have said, check the plug and the wire and you will probably find the culprit in one of the two.

Jeff

Glad your wifes OK Scott, as said before, I would have a trail of hardware all the way to the scene in this case.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back