Please Define "Rich"

caveman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the thread title states, I am searching for a meaning for the word "rich", and wanted to see how you guys would define it?

Many will tell you it is about net worth, typically a net worth between $1 million and $50 million. Most financial experts would tell you between $10 million and $12 million. This is because at the later levels, one can live a wealthy lifestyle solely off the interest of their assets, and hence, never have to work again.

I say:

“Money can buy you a house but not a home.
Money can buy you a bed but not sleep.
Money can buy you medicine but not health.
Money can buy you blood but not life.
Money can buy you a lover but not love.
Money can buy you amusements but not happiness.
Money can buy you books but not wisdom.
Money can buy you a clock but not more time.
Money can buy you companions but not real friends.
Money can buy you food but not an appetite.
Money can buy you a ring but not a marriage.
Money can buy you a comfortable life, but not eternal life!"

I say truly being rich in life isn't defined by one's net worth, but rather by the greatness of one's love for life. I would be so bold as to suggest that truly being rich has to do with being “spiritually richâ€￾ as in having developed the ability to connect to a deeper and greater part of oneself for the purpose of living up to one’s greatest potential. It has to do with coming into a constant communion with God, learning to be content just loving and living for Him, and using your God given talents to love others here on earth. That is what I call being truly rich.

Oh, and this coming from a guy who has experienced the 'rags-to-riches' dream and currently has a net worth well above any of the figures stated above. :cheers:

rich.... Let's see.if you have your health, your family, your bills paid and you're safe at night. You are indeed Rich.

My 02

Thewelshm

But in all seriousness being rich has nothing to do with money or net worths or any of that.
And this is coming from a guy that has a zero net worth

It's about your heart and how true you are to yourself and others it's about loving and being loved it's about smiling at your kids and them smiling back it's about all the things God does for us and the love we have for him.
That's what rich is to me

It's about your heart and how true you are to yourself and others it's about loving and being loved it's about smiling at your kids and them smiling back it's about all the things God does for us and the love we have for him.
That's what rich is to me

I need to buy this guy a beer!:beer:

Me----reasons in order of importance.

1. Jesus Christ and His love for His chosen
2. His grace, mercy and forgiveness for such an undeserving as me
3. My bride of 36 years for endurance and patients and most of all her Christ centered love
4. Family---not necessarily biological but the family of believers He has surrounded me with.
5. Allowing me to share the good news of His Son to others.
6. The promise of living forever in His glory.
7. Tremendous resources for better knowing Him—preachers, teachers and an unbelievable library.

Notice I said nothing about country. This country He has placed us in is fleeting but He has a better country in store for those He has called as friends, as brothers/sisters.

I AM rich indeed.

Definition of rich: the guy that dies with the most toys in his possession is classified as Rich....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back