Polished intake manifold

Maybe post up some pics and we can make a more informed decision. :D

I hear ZOOP SEAL is good, but it does have to be redone periodically, so its not permanent.

Sharkhide is very good and lasts a long time I know a guy who uses it on semi wheels and it lasts like a year on them and he goes to some rough places

The problem with a clear coat is if it is compromised at all,like a hairline crack you won't be able to polish it out and will look terrible and get worse.I would just leave it bare and use some elbow grease every now and then.:D

I just keep mine bare polished. Every once in a while I re polish by hand with Wenol, and use detailer spray in between.

Sharkhide.. Wenol... Where can these products be found? I too must frequently hand polish my intake. Looking for an easier way here guys..

Thanks everyone. For now I'm going to keep it unsealed and see what happens. And I'm getting Wenol to make sure it stays shiny :)
ShineSeal seems to work good on protecting polished metals and withstands 700 degree F....

Very easy mod, I can't believe I waited for my rebuild to do it. I take mine apart all the time so i'm not putting any thing on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20130830_220058_387.jpg
    IMG_20130830_220058_387.jpg
    876.3 KB · Views: 102
After this point, when why not get it chrome dipped. Plenty of truck shops on the interstates that would chrome it.

what is the process to do that?

thewelshm

First remove motor then, once the motor is out the intake is easily removed. Strip intake of parts and bring to Atlas polishing in Houston, give the guy a hundred sixty dollars cash and tell him to polish away. Next stop at liquor store on way home to acquire Jack Daniels and coke a cola, enjoy Jack Daniels and coke a cola until polisher calls you back to pick up intake.

once he got it polished all I did was hit it with some never told to bring the shine out

After this point, when why not get it chrome dipped. Plenty of truck shops on the interstates that would chrome it.
you would then have to remachine the intake. especially where the injectors go and the faces where they bolt to the heads. jet hot coated is probably a better way to go.

$160 is a steal, I have heard of some paying $800+, awesome deal........

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back