Polished Valve Covers

chargerman426

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took a spare set of VC and decided to polish them out and use them as wall art. Took about 15 minutes per VC and I think I turned out pretty good.

Top is before and bottom is after.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    853.9 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    631.6 KB · Views: 332
I did that to mine before i painted them. looks good. Now do it with 3000 sand paper and it will look like chrome.

How did you do it and what kind of polish did you use

I first used some 180 grit sandpaper. Than a brillo pad. Than some flitz and a dremal tool. The sandpaper alone made them look a million times better. I think I might sand the ones that are on the truck now just to get the crud off them.

Last edited:
I did that to mine before i painted them. looks good. Now do it with 3000 sand paper and it will look like chrome.

I should have used the 180 longer to get the factory sand marks out of it. Than the polish, but I did it real quick just to see how it would look. I should have another set showing up this week so I will take more time on them.

My manifold is done the same way. Form 180 sandpaper to 3000 sandpaper. Now i just use mothers to keep it clean.

Not to bad. But now i'm changing out all of it. No more blue and white.

Now that looks a ton better

I should have used the 180 longer to get the factory sand marks out of it. Than the polish, but I did it real quick just to see how it would look. I should have another set showing up this week so I will take more time on them.

Sure would be nice to know where you are finding the extra ones! :D I could use a set for mine, they look like it sat out all winter with the hood open. :burnout:

The ones you did look really good.

Sure would be nice to know where you are finding the extra ones! :D I could use a set for mine, they look like it sat out all winter with the hood open. :burnout:

The ones you did look really good.

If I told you than I wouldn't get anymore :D. These I bought off iron head here and the ones that are going to be showing up this week are from ebay. If you want to make the letter look a lot better in a few seconds get some 180 grit and a sanding block and not the crud and junk of the letters. I was shocked at how much better they looked after just the sanding. When I do the next set I will post a pic after each step.

Just spent another hour on them and they look even better. You don't see the factory sand marks now and the gf even used them as a mirror :D

Looks great! Will give it a try as well, need to repaint mine in the process tho :\

Started working on the second set last night figured I would show a pic of one letter polished and the others just sanded and scotch brighted.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back