post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

biff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New here. :rock:

I have been lurcking for a bit, finally picked up a 04 RC (red) last week.

It is pretty stock with the exception of tint on the windows, and a k&n under the hood.

26k on the clock.

I bought it from a dealership (who got it from an auction), so I have no idea the service records on the truck. :(

oh well... life's a gamble, so...

The truck is straight. Appears to be EXREMELY clean. The brake pads appear to be new... if not brand new. Oil looks fresh.

My only concern with the truck is the clutch. I have a bit of chatter when it is in reverse, and the truck does NOT like to be shifted from 1-2nd over 5000 rpms.
anything lower than 5K, and it shifts alright.

2nd-3rd, at any rpm is no problem. so, I don't know if it is a syncro issue, fork issue, or again, clutch / master slave.

I am setting some money aside for a CF and viper master to get installed as the clutch problem increases to unbearable proportions.

I am in KC, and look forward to learning more about this truck.

biff said:
New here. :rock:

I have been lurcking for a bit, finally picked up a 04 RC (red) last week.

It is pretty stock with the exception of tint on the windows, and a k&n under the hood.

26k on the clock.

I bought it from a dealership (who got it from an auction), so I have no idea the service records on the truck. :(

oh well... life's a gamble, so...

The truck is straight. Appears to be EXREMELY clean. The brake pads appear to be new... if not brand new. Oil looks fresh.

My only concern with the truck is the clutch. I have a bit of chatter when it is in reverse, and the truck does NOT like to be shifted from 1-2nd over 5000 rpms.
anything lower than 5K, and it shifts alright.

2nd-3rd, at any rpm is no problem. so, I don't know if it is a syncro issue, fork issue, or again, clutch / master slave.

I am setting some money aside for a CF and viper master to get installed as the clutch problem increases to unbearable proportions.

I am in KC, and look forward to learning more about this truck.
Ahhhhhhh the fastest color:rock: :rock: welcome to the nut house:D :D :D :itsme:

Glad to have you aboard....

pic:
truck2.jpg

Welcome to the site biff, and congrats on the new 10!!!

SrtBrad said:
The zoo welcomes you. Thanks for feeding us a pic.:D
I might be new to this place... but I am no stranger to the internets. :D

Welcome to the Family

VJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back