Potential Hall of Shame Addition - Hyper Audio

Azmal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And this weeks segment of "Shame On You" Goes to the dashing folks over at Hyper Audio of Katy Texas.
Ok, so no, I'm not going to start bashing, the fact speaks for themselves. HOWEVER I have been talking with the manager, Ralph, and he now SAYS he wants to work with me to resolve the issues.. So this direction of this thread is actually pending. But here are the facts.

http://www.SickSRT.com/hyper

Hopefully he'll take care of business. If so then he'll get my props. otherwise if I end up getting screwed over... I'll make it my life's ambition to see their business fail.
By the way, this thread is not for leverage against Hyper Audio... At this time at least. And I would rather it not leave here.... at this time at least. :D

If you have time to look at the link, please let me know your opinion on the matter.

Last edited:
that hella sux... i'd be pissed.. hopefully they make it right...

I don't even leave my truck unattended while anyone changes the oil. That sux and I hope they make it right for you. WTF were they thinking anyway :dontknow:

I cant say what someone else should or will do but I understand your problem and I really doubt you will get duely compensated without legal intervention . What bothers me is I see shit work come in all the time but yet the guys doing it seem to stay in business. Those guys were a joke ,I mean a couple minor scratches putting it all together but shit looks like they went from end to end When I get them the customer is 1/2 pissed at me since I am now taking more money for something he paid for . Guess I'm just a dumb shit but I still believe in quality . One car we did the customer was totally fine with the paint job ,I was not ,it was repainted . Also good reason I dont seem to be getting rich LOL
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Last edited:
It would be hard to win anything from court. He's lucky his wife is a lawer (according to him at least but I dont doubt it) So he doesn't care if he has to go to court; no lawyer fees. As I mentioned on the web page there, I was never able to get him to give me a contract or receipt.
After I figured I was probably going to get screwed I recorded a 58 min conversation where it's made at least obvious we had an agreement etc. he admitted to some of the damage and admitted plainly that he put 150 miles on my truck the first time he had the truck.
I dont think voice recordings dont hold up in court though... Obviously I didn't have his consent... So really, what are my options?
I mean, the option I'm persuing now is to lay out the damages plainly and see if he'll compensate. If not, then I'll tell him I have the recording, and will make it my goal in life to destory his reputation and business if he doesn't compensate me apropriately. If that doesn't work I'll consider legal options and if that's just another dead end, I'll just have to settle for a banged up truck (I'll fix it myself eventually though) and of course try to bury their business. But I haven't even been able to talk with the owner. The manager wont give me his number. The owner may have a different take on things and fire the manager on the spot, but I doubt it, cuz the manager really runs the business. But I'll have to go through the chamber of commerse or something to get the guy I guess.

Sucks that you have to go through this. It looks like you are doing well on presentation of your issues. This should help to show your not screwing around on wanting and expecting full satisfaction. Good luck.

I appreicate the sentiments peoples. I'll keep tabs on the situation. Hopefully it'll work out smoothly, I'm about due for some good luck.

Azmal said:
It would be hard to win anything from court. He's lucky his wife is a lawer (according to him at least but I dont doubt it) So he doesn't care if he has to go to court; no lawyer fees. As I mentioned on the web page there, I was never able to get him to give me a contract or receipt.
After I figured I was probably going to get screwed I recorded a 58 min conversation where it's made at least obvious we had an agreement etc. he admitted to some of the damage and admitted plainly that he put 150 miles on my truck the first time he had the truck.
I dont think voice recordings dont hold up in court though... Obviously I didn't have his consent... So really, what are my options?
I mean, the option I'm persuing now is to lay out the damages plainly and see if he'll compensate. If not, then I'll tell him I have the recording, and will make it my goal in life to destory his reputation and business if he doesn't compensate me apropriately. If that doesn't work I'll consider legal options and if that's just another dead end, I'll just have to settle for a banged up truck (I'll fix it myself eventually though) and of course try to bury their business. But I haven't even been able to talk with the owner. The manager wont give me his number. The owner may have a different take on things and fire the manager on the spot, but I doubt it, cuz the manager really runs the business. But I'll have to go through the chamber of commerse or something to get the guy I guess.

Great job on the documentation and very well thought out argument.

I would like to suggest that you don't threaten the man with the audio tape and ruining him by telling everyone you see or meet. That might not work well for you if you do have to take him to court. It seems to me that court might be your only recourse. You paid money, he took money, you have damages, he should pay. The tape might be admissable as far as just the fact that you dont have any contracts and he says you do on tape. However, (Devils advocate here...:() Prove it was him you were talking to....within a reasonable doubt BTW.

I hope and pray everything turns out well for you Brother. Keep us posted!!!

It looks like he hired a bunch of Geico-ad cavemen to do the work, as they were "test driving" your vehicle. PM me if you would like a "Sicilian" option.

The damage to your truck is UNACCEPTABLE. Period. Maybe I am a bit on the picky side, but that was just rediculous. I used to paint cars a while back, and the one thing I always asked myself, "Would I accept this on MY car?" If the answer was no or even slightly questionable, it would be a re-do. I know black shows everything, the scratches inside the bed are porbably unavoidable. Everything else is just plain CARELESSNESS. So ask the man that, would he accept that if it were HIS truck. I bet he says no. I could understand if you went to Circuit City or Best Buy or something. You went to a place that does custom boxes and installs all day long. Good luck with resolution.

FYI, with that being said that I used to paint, I'm sure Hotrodmike can vouch for this, all those tiny scratches can't be just "touched up". I mean, I guess they COULD be, but I would want it done right, scratches feathered out, color blended and entire affected panel re-cleared. Again, good luck with this ordeal. He'll get his, karma is a bitch.

Azmal,
In some states it may be illegal for you to record someone without their knowledge. If that applies where you live you may have broken the law. On the other hand, if you live in a state where it is not illegal - you have tremendous evidence on your side (I'd find out immediately if I were you).

Your tape WOULD most likely be admissable if it's legal. That work looks like absolute shit. I would not hesitate to take that incompetent idiot to court. He needs to be held to task so he doesn't rip off other unsuspecting customers. I would report him to the BBB and any other watchdog groups that would take the complaint. I'd sue him for every documented damage even if it cost me money in the long run. I'd find the most well known and most expensive attorney in my area and get busy. I'd become his worst nightmare.

JMHO. :D

I appriciate your posting of such questionable vendors. I just moved to Katy and dont know anyone here. I also don't have the use of my 1000 sf shop that remains in Ca. I spent the day yesterday visiting shops in the area trying to get a feel for who I could trust.
THANKs and good luck!

BBBad2dabone - Good, that makes me glad that helped you out.

Concerning the law, it was recorded in Texas... and everybody keeps telling me something different concerning the tape... some say it will hold for evidence, others say I have to have both parties consent. And as for getting a lawyer, I can't find one lawyer to talk with me over the phone, all the places I've talked to want me to come in... Me Tennessee. Them Houston... not feasible. I can't just make the trip to a lawyer that may not even be worth a flip. But I'm getting ahead of myself, I think I'll cross this bridge once I come to it. I'm about to call the manager again and see what happens next.

I got a hold of him but he hasn't checked his email yet which is where I sent the link. I wish I could see his face when he sees the web page. I dont think he realizes how much stuff is messed up. I tried his cell first to no avail and proceeded to try Katy chamber of commerce but they're open only mon-thur but then I remembered he works Saturdays too so I got him at his shop.

He was with a customer when he answered so he may be a while... so next step is to wait, and call back later in the day if I dont hear anything soon.

Wow. I've seen some shoddy work in my day, but 99.9% of that is inexcusable and sub-amateur.

150 extra miles? I would have called the cops right there.

Amps aren't mounted? That's frickin' sad.

The ONLY thing that they can claim wasn't due to their...ahem..."work" would be the door weatherstripping. There's a TSB from Dodge about that (instant, free replacment; no miles required). Mine did the same thing. Took 5 min. to have the tech put it on...while I stood watch. :)

If you paid more than $20 for any of that work, I'd absolutely contact a lawyer. Sometimes all it takes is a nasty-gram on a nice piece of letterhead. :)

I am not sure about recordings but wiretap law in Texas states ONE party must know it is being recorded or at least it was
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Just a quik thought if it goes to the court level yo u may want to get a post damage appraisil to show the differance in devalue . Jimi is correct with that many scratches you aint looking at touch up you are looking at panels and too many blends will end up showing later so I would shoot for a good repaint which is not cheap
Have A Kind Day
Mike

F#$@ THEM

Unreal!!! 150 Miles??? I'd would sue them for that right there!!! Try your insurance company!!! Their Lawyer would probably go after them, and he would get more respect then you. My went up one mile, when I had mine put in!!! They were out joy riding and beating the shit out of your truck!!!!

some of the scratches cannot be avoided, this is true, and even some of them ARE acceptable, but the amount that you have on there, AND where the scratches are is CRAZY!! Its almost as if they tried to do it!!!

As for the weather stripping, don't say anything about that, it will only hurt your credability, as it is a manufacturers defect in design.

I didn't know about the weather stripping, just that it happend while in thir possession. Thanks though. I'll remove it.

FYI, the weather stripping was probably ripped before you took it to them. It is a flaw from the factory that is cover under warranty.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back