power shifting.......

best advice off the bat, can you pretend to hate your truck.

2-3 shift is brutally toughid probably go at 5300rpms to stay safe

only advice i can give...although i can do it...

don't second guess...any yank it REAL quick....

if you say in your mind...i'm about to do it...no matter what it sounds like...keep it in the floor...

how many of you have grinded third gear? Changing the syncro won't be fun since thole trans must be tore down to get to it.

FATJACK said:
Mat it, shift it quick at about 52 to 5500rpm, hope for the best.
Do ya keep it mashed the whole time , I wont be tryin this at the races, tranny is out of warranty at moment, do want to know more......baby steps, dont worry brandon not gunna miss shift and fuc up the mopar.........:rock: :D :rock: thankz you guyz , :burnout:

just manhandle that thing. dont think about it. especially 1-2, pop that thing quick. 2-3 i would let off a little if you dont have a short throw.

in my viper with the short throw you couldnt miss, powershifting the car would go side ways when it was n/a at 80mph. with the blower it would spin

andrew heywood said:
Do ya keep it mashed the whole time , I wont be tryin this at the races, tranny is out of warranty at moment, do want to know more......baby steps, dont worry brandon not gunna miss shift and fuc up the mopar.........:rock: :D :rock: thankz you guyz , :burnout:
that is the supposed point;)

A true power shift is done at wide open throttle.

Three things necessary to perform it well.

Practice......Practice......Practice

To become really proficient at power shifting I did break and mangle a few parts (maybe more than a few).

There is nothing better sounding than a stick shift hot rod going down the track sounding like an automatic.

If you want power shifting to be a no brainer you can get a Lenco, Jeffco or Liberty gear box, they are all desined to be shifted clutchless. You just need to pull or push a lever or hit a button on an air shifted Lenco.

The minor detail is that the only thing that will really stand up to a big horsepower truck that hooks up well, is the Lenco and they are not really very streetable.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back