Power steering just blew up

i used teflon tape on the blue anodized piece that goes to the rack and pinion. not the threads from the line to the blue anodized threading... Yeah i contacted justin...he is sending me your pump, and some new orings and a few different ones. so hopefully that helps...if not im at a loss.

whats the thinkin behind that rule????:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Because teflon is used to fill in the pathways through the threads in a pipe fitting situation. Pipe threads are the worse fittings designed because of this.

ORB (O-ring boss) fittings use a O-ring to seal, other style of fittings that have straight threads (similar to ORB) but no boss in the port that they are threaded into use a copper washer, AN or JIC style threads use interference angles that do the sealing. Therefore they do not need Teflon.

I deal with hydraulics on a daily basis, Teflon sucks and does nothing but makes a stringy mess on threads that don't require it.

i used teflon tape on the blue anodized piece that goes to the rack and pinion. not the threads from the line to the blue anodized threading... Yeah i contacted justin...he is sending me your pump, and some new orings and a few different ones. so hopefully that helps...if not im at a loss.

Does the fitting the fitting that threads into the rack have a O-ring on it? I cant remember exactly without looking at my truck if it needs a O-ring or copper washer, but for sure it needs one of the two.

Im thinking the oring has a defect in it or something, new parts headed your way.
Justin

I appreciate it...once i get everything fixed I'll post up all the work.

I'm still getting a wine noise comi g from my new power steering pump and a little bit of a rough feel at times...prob air. How can I bleed the system to get the air all out?

So the "Stinker" Power Steering Lines & OEM Factory Lines are the only options i can find to replace the Power Steering Hose?

How easy is the Stinker lines to install? Reliable?

Stinker's lines are the only option!! You can have a hydraulics shop make something up but Tony has already done the hard part,Fitting selection, size as well as hose length. OEM will leak again!! they are crap! should have been a recall!! Hose designer should have been been beaten!!

Stinker's lines are the only option!! You can have a hydraulics shop make something up but Tony has already done the hard part,Fitting selection, size as well as hose length. OEM will leak again!! they are crap! should have been a recall!! Hose designer should have been been beaten!!

Thanks & Yeah i'm seeing that with doing some research on the lines. I'm having trouble trying to find a 20 MM Crow foot wrench to take the damn nut off though.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back