Power Steering Lines Busting

TXVIPERPWRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with their power steering lines busting? I took my truck into the dealership about a month and a half ago with leaky power steering lines. They replaced the lines and about a week later one of the fittings blew sending fluid all over the engine bay. They replaced the line again and the same thing occured about a week ago. They've been trying to figure out what pressure is causing these lines to fail.

Anyone had or heard of this kind of problem with these trucks?

Has anyone had a problem with their power steering lines busting? I took my truck into the dealership about a month and a half ago with leaky power steering lines. They replaced the lines and about a week later one of the fittings blew sending fluid all over the engine bay. They replaced the line again and the same thing occured about a week ago. They've been trying to figure out what pressure is causing these lines to fail.

Which lines the ones going to and from the steering rack or the ones going to the fan? I have problems with the ones going to the fan because the line and the flare(kinda) nuts are ordered individualy. The stealership was reusing the old ones.

Leaking P.S. & oil cooler lines are a serious issue with our trucks. A local member replaced his P.S. lines with a set from a vendor and they also blew. What a mess! The member had an industrial hose shop make up a set of proper size replacements. He has had no issues since.

I had some issues so I just replaced all my lines including the ones on the rack with -6 braided lines

i had that happen then got replacement line from jtsvp.com and some how a hole had rubbed into it being my daily driver i got a hydraulic line off a rig at work and kept the new line for a spare

i had that happen then got replacement line from jtsvp.com and some how a hole had rubbed into it being my daily driver i got a hydraulic line off a rig at work and kept the new line for a spare

Thats exactly what happened to mine cause the lines were to long. I took it to a hydraulic line place and they cut it for me

i got a hold of tony he sent me out another one but i would never never ever buy anything from the dealership especially the p.s. line they sell them in pieces you have to buy the hose on top of having to buy the fitting for it

See Tony over at JTS, that's what 80-90% of people around here are running.

Is it the return line? or the feed line?

I had my return line blowing apart a couple times , and we moved the return to the larger port on the back of the reservoir with an adapter and the problem went away, It even blew the steel braided line ..

Yeah my PS line was leaking so I went to the dealer and they ordered a line but the fitting were wrong so they got the right ones and put it on. I made it 3/4's of the way home and it blew at the top of the pump and made a mess and left me on the side of the road. So they got another line in and cleaned things up and I got it a little farther today and in the grocery store parking lot I turned the wheel to get in the parking spot and pop. The line blew out the bottom this time. Not sure what they are gonna do now but do you think the steel braided lines would solve the problem if I can get them to get them and put them on?

Thanks

Yeah my PS line was leaking so I went to the dealer and they ordered a line but the fitting were wrong so they got the right ones and put it on. I made it 3/4's of the way home and it blew at the top of the pump and made a mess and left me on the side of the road. So they got another line in and cleaned things up and I got it a little farther today and in the grocery store parking lot I turned the wheel to get in the parking spot and pop. The line blew out the bottom this time. Not sure what they are gonna do now but do you think the steel braided lines would solve the problem if I can get them to get them and put them on?

Thanks

Where are you located bro?

You can take factory hose to a hose shop and have them build you a much better hose sir. I wouldn't trust The Stock hoses.

OK so the dealer called me yesterday and left a message saying Dodge says they have a new redesigned line that should solve the problem. It should be in sometime later next week. Until then still tearing up the roads in my fully loaded 300c......OH YEAH.......lol

Probably 8yrs ago mine started to leak. I simply pulled the lines and walked into my local speed shop. Had new parts for braided line setup in a few minutes. 140K miles and still going strong and leak free.

OK so I finally got my truck back today. The 3rd time was a charm.......for now. I guess Dodge figured the problem out and it involves an o-ring at both ends in the fittings so they do not leak and/or blow off like mine did twice with new lines. The new o-ring thing seems to be holding for now. Drove it around town a bit and in parking lots with max turn and pressure. All held. I hope I am good to go now. I hope on the the next task with her.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back