Power steering lines

Pneumothorax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as I'm driving to work yesterday, I notice that my steering becomes tighter and jerky as I go around curves. Pulling into my parking garage at work, I lose all power steering and I feel like I'm going to break the steering wheel off trying to turn around the corners. I make it to the 4th level and my truck is already overheating. Come to find out, I'm completely out of power steering fluid and coolant since that was empty and steam was pouring out of my hood as I parked. Have my gf bring me both to refill the resevoirs. The power steering immediately starts dripping out as I start the engine right below the fan. Let it run and the fan never turns on and the truck overheats again.

So, I am in need of your power steering lines. Currently, the truck is still sitting at the top of the parking garage since the tow truck can't make it to the top. Is it safe to limp it to the bottom with these leaks?

Also, how hard is the install? I'm pretty basic when it comes to installs. Is it just a matter of draining the power steering fluid out, replacing the lines, and refilling it? Or is there more to it?

Thanks for any help and guidance!

not bein there, if ya fill here with coolant, bleed her out on top of the thermostat housin, & full of p/s juice. should be "ok" to get her to the bottom. start cold though.

if ya got a leak at the bottom of the fan motor & fan not turnin, sounds more like a fan motor prob.

You best call this vendor, he's not here much

Depends on whats wrong.

If you just have to replace the lines its fairly quick- but messy. Just need some open ended wrenches.

I think I wrote up a how to for this. let me look.

Searching.....

Found It!

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f40/jtsvp-power-steering-lines-57718/

Step by step instructions.

If the lines are not leaking you might have a bigger problem. Bite the bullet and buy some electric fans from Tony or JMB.

Messy Messy Messy.

Depends on whats wrong.

If you just have to replace the lines its fairly quick- but messy. Just need some open ended wrenches.

I think I wrote up a how to for this. let me look.

Searching.....

Found It!

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f40/jtsvp-power-steering-lines-57718/

Step by step instructions.

If the lines are not leaking you might have a bigger problem. Bite the bullet and buy some electric fans from Tony or JMB.

Messy Messy Messy.

Lines are definitely leaking. I filled the reservoirs up, and as the truck ran, it was a constant leak. Had a huge puddle of power steering fluid under the fan.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back