Prayers needed.

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife is 29 weeks pregnant
A couple weeks ago, she was diagnosed with a two vessel cord, or single umbilical artery.

This is associated with low birth weight, heart defects, gastrointestinal tract abnormalities and problems with the central nervous system. The respiratory system, urinary tract, and musculoskeletal system may also be affected. One in five babies affected by SUA will be born with multiple malformations.

Last friday we went in for our regular checkup... She was diagnosed with the flu and her blood pressure was 190/110, she gained 22lb in 7 weeks, and had sever swelling.

They rushed her to Sacred Heart Neonatal Intensive Care Unit , in pensacola. friday where they diagnosed her with Severe Progressive Preeclampsia . IV's Catheter, heart monitors, baby monitors, shes got tubes and wires everywhere.

Shes being pumped with IV medicines to reduce seizures, thin blood, prevent clots, lower blood pressure, pain medications, and antibiotics for the flu, and liquids. Shes on a clear liquid diet. The medicine makes here weak, nauseous, and causes her to go in these tremor spasms all over. Its heartbreaking to watch.

Doctors said baby is healthy and happy but my wife is sick. And is only going to get worse. Increasing medicine is the only option and there is side effects. They are going to keep her on bed rest at the hospital for 2-4 weeks before they do a C-section, unless her condition worsens and they cant control it. The baby is 11 weeks premature and weighs under 3 pounds now and would not be able to eat or breathe.

Our parents rushed in from 14 hours away, but could only stay 4 days before risking losing their jobs and health insurance. So they are leaving today. Military is not allowing me emergency or convalescent leave. i have 12 days saved up to last me over the next 2 months and the hospital is 1hr 20 minutes away. i will be traveling to and from 5-6 days a week after work.

After birth the baby will be in intensive care for 2 weeks to 2 months depending on what birth defects shes born with, and my wife will need 2 weeks to recover.

Prayers are needed, and any help getting this truck sold for what i owe, would help relieve some financial strain.

Very sorry Jeff. Hope everything turns out okay. One of my twins had a 2 vessel cord and everything turned out okay. Our prayers are with you.

We are praying for you. keep us updated, good luck selling the truck

Silverback said:
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

If Roy is willing to organize a fund raiser, I know I'm in.
:dito:

So sorry to hear this Jeff. But keep the faith man. Daosa was in the hospital for over a month before the twins were born. They had her down at the best hospital in the area for problem births, Mary Birch in San Diego. It was about an hour trip, a little longer I guess, and I made it every day.

The docs are saying that your baby is healthy now, I'm sure they will do everything possible to ensure that she stays that way. Just remember that your wife really needs you right now, stay strong and pass that strength along to her.

All of you will be in our thoughts each and every day. Wish there was more I could do, but this is about it.

One other thing. Call the Red Cross. They might be able to intercede and get you set up with some emergency leave. Sounds like it would be the best thing for you and your family right now. I can't imagine why your command would not see that. That's a damn shame.

OCBob said:
One other thing. Call the Red Cross. They might be able to intercede and get you set up with some emergency leave. Sounds like it would be the best thing for you and your family right now. I can't imagine why your command would not see that. That's a damn shame.
The airforce has there ways man.
They will give people a day off to take there dog to the vet. 3 days to move when you buy your house, a day to go out of town to buy a car.

They give complimentary days left and right, under the table from your supervisor. But when you really need it, and something is a higher profile, they will give you nothing because in the past they didnt get someone a few days.

If they give me 1-2 days here and there and they didnt give some guy 3 years ago his days, then he can call discrimination.

JeffBoyette said:
The airforce has there ways man.
They will give people a day off to take there dog to the vet. 3 days to move when you buy your house, a day to go out of town to buy a car.

They give complimentary days left and right, under the table from your supervisor. But when you really need it, and something is a higher profile, they will give you nothing because in the past they didnt get someone a few days.

If they give me 1-2 days here and there and they didnt give some guy 3 years ago his days, then he can call discrimination.
I would still call the Red Cross. Better yet, have her parents call the Red Cross. Never know, you might end up with emergency leave right up until the birth.

Good luck with it all. And if you just need someone to lean on and vent to, I'm here for you.

Prayers on the Way

God Bless!

Sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers with ya. If ya need anything I'm here for ya!

Hang in there Jeff. Your supervisor needs to talk to your 1st Sgt & commander about getting you a special pass for 3-4 days. There's no rule against giving those, especially when you're in the local area. People get days off for was less important crap dude.

Hey Jeff. I will be at the Sacred Heart hospital starting Monday (they are going to induce my wife) and I can check in on your wife for the couple days that we will be there. Just let me know!!!

I'm very sorry to hear this, they are in our thoughts and prayers.

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back