Prayers needed!

linemup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, last month I took my little girl in for her 2 month checkup. Everything looked great! But she has these little red bumps, that look kinda like red freckles, and a couple are raised like a mole, and a little larger than the others. The doctor acted like they were no big deal, and said that she was gonna do some research on them because the are fairly uncomon, and that the may want to check here internal organs to make sure there are non internal. She talked like it would just be a little ultasound. Then 2 weeks later she called and said they needed to sudate her for 4 for hours to do an MRI. I freaked out and the doc didn't realy want to do that to a 2 month old baby. So she decided that they would do the ultrasound on her liver and kidneys, and the MRI on her brain, which meant only an hour unconcience.
Well that still scared the hell out of me but the doc stressed that it needed so be done. Yesterday we took her to have everything done, and she did great except they had a hard time getting the IV in. They told us it would probably be Monday before they knew anything. This evening they called to let us know the results.
Her brain is clear ( thank god!) but her liver has several, and the don't know what to do because they have never really delt with it around here. So they are gonna talk to other doctors that have delt with it before then let us know something the first part of next week.
I just wish they hadn't called until they at least could have given us some kind of idea what the options are. Know we are just all messed up.

But the spots are called Hemangioma and it's a benign tumor that is a mass of tangled blood vessels. Something like 80% of babys don't have any, and of the 20% that have them 90% don't have more than 2 or 3. When they have more than 3 that's when they check all the internal organs. Reese has 13, but they are not as big as some we have seen pictures of.

The main concern with them is that the could repture and bleed alot! Also they can grow rappidly for the first 18 months then the body grows into them. Thatsthe best of my undestanding of it.

We would greatly appreciat any and all prayers for our baby Reese!

Thanks
Travis

Prayers sent

VJ

May the Angels of Heaven watch over her. And may God's blessing be upon you all.....

I'm believing only the best for your precious child, Travis..... and for you, too...

Tim

Django said:
May the Angels of Heaven watch over her. And may God's blessing be upon you all.....

I'm believing only the best for your precious child, Travis..... and for you, too...

Tim
AMEN! and again....... AMEN!

Thanks everyone! She's just too happy to have something bad wrong, so I keep telling my shell be fine!

Prayers are sent, I know how you feel, I have a six month old, and every time you go to the check ups you are praying that it comes out well.

Prayers for baby Reese ...........

Reese and family are in our prayers for sure. Hang tough DAD as she will count on you to do so. Angels watch over baby Reese, please.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back