Predictions For Ufc 82!

Henderson will have to be creative to win this fight, but he's not that kind of fighter, he likes to stick to his game plan and Silva will be ready for that. Silva might have the best stand up game in MMA, he can win from his back too, but usually wins by KO or decision. Henderson doesn't get knocked out, but he has a few losses by submission and decision. If they stay on their feet it should go the distance, with Silva on top...If they go to the ground, I believe that Silva can find a way to beat him by submission. The problem for Silva is that Henderson is not only a great fighter in the Light-Heavywieght division, but he dominates the Middleweight division. It will be Silva's most difficult fight to date, Henderson has the right level of confidence and the size. Don't miss this one, it's gonna be the best fight of the year for UFC!:rock: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ymETRsRZc4

fast fred said:
Anderson Silva..........

Yep Fred Your right Anderson Is gonna Kick ass. 90% of the time my predictions are right. If both of these fighters bring their A game its gonna be a Good fight

I love this fight. I am going to call it for Silva, although Dan does have the tools to get the job done.

If Dan wins the fight, I think it will be a long (possibly boring) fight.

I am actually more interested in seeing Henderson vs Franklin, to see where Rich really stands in the 185lb division.

I'm hoping that Henderson wins but I really do not see the holes in Silva's game that some others have brought up. I know that he has gotten taken down but he is a BJJ black belt and completely competent when on his back. His biggest strength is striking accuracy and reach which affords him the ability to limit the amount of energy that he expends while fighting.

As far as Uriah Faber goes, I have to agree with the Sickness to a degree. He is definitely one of the most dynamic and exciting MMA fighters out there and I think that any one who fought him stands a chance of losing. But, as far as him being the best pound for pound right now, I don't know.

I think that BJ Penn (when he is in shape), Roger Huerta and GSP are some of the best pound for pound. Sean Sherk might fall into that category as well but who knows how he is going to perform sans the steriods?

Regardless of our differing opinions, this fight with Silva's striking ability and Henderson's Neanderthal like chin, has the potential to be one of the best.:rock:

FIGHT-BY-FIGHT: UFC 82 PRIDE OF A CHAMPION
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - by Ricardo Mendoza

UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT:
ANDERSON SILVA VS. DAN HENDERSON
UFC middleweight (185-pound) champion Anderson Silva takes on Pride welterweight (183-pound) champion Dan Henderson. Silva has a 20-4 record and trains with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in Brazil. Henderson has a 22-6 record and trains out of Team Quest with Ryan Parsons.
Silva comes off a stoppage victory over Rich Franklin at UFC 77, his second win over the former champion, while Henderson comes off a close decision loss to Quinton Jackson at UFC 75.
This is the second unification bout between UFC and Pride champions, both have involved Henderson. This should prove to be another exciting affair between champions, as neither fighter seems to be overtly better than the other, but both bring different strengths into the fight that can play to their advantage.
Silva is the more precise and accurate striker, while Henderson packs the more powerful punch. Silva can finish the fight with an accumulation of strikes, while Henderson can get the job done with just one solid shot. The advantage goes to Silva because when Henderson loads up and throws the right hand, he leaves himself open for knees and kicks.
On the ground, Silva has shown that he fights well off his back. Henderson will have the advantage in wrestling, but the edge goes to Silva in submissions. Both fighters will fight at a high pace and cardio shouldn’t be a problem for either.
It’s an even match-up, but if Henderson decides to keep the fight on the feet like he usually does, it will be his undoing and if it hits the ground, Silva shouldn’t have much of a problem getting back to his feet. Look for Silva to pick Henderson apart on the feet with precise and technical strikes en route to a decision.
Prediction: Anderson Silva by decision.

i dont care who wins. hell i dont like ufc.

but, who wants to bet that one mans crotch ends up in another mans face:bebored:

ufc.........guaranteed nuts in face.......that is why they really compete..........live out their male on male fantasies in the "octagon" and people cheer it on:p :p :p

King Kong said:
FIGHT-BY-FIGHT: UFC 82 PRIDE OF A CHAMPION
Thursday, February 28, 2008 - by Ricardo Mendoza

UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT:
ANDERSON SILVA VS. DAN HENDERSON
UFC middleweight (185-pound) champion Anderson Silva takes on Pride welterweight (183-pound) champion Dan Henderson. Silva has a 20-4 record and trains with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in Brazil. Henderson has a 22-6 record and trains out of Team Quest with Ryan Parsons.
Silva comes off a stoppage victory over Rich Franklin at UFC 77, his second win over the former champion, while Henderson comes off a close decision loss to Quinton Jackson at UFC 75.
This is the second unification bout between UFC and Pride champions, both have involved Henderson. This should prove to be another exciting affair between champions, as neither fighter seems to be overtly better than the other, but both bring different strengths into the fight that can play to their advantage.
Silva is the more precise and accurate striker, while Henderson packs the more powerful punch. Silva can finish the fight with an accumulation of strikes, while Henderson can get the job done with just one solid shot. The advantage goes to Silva because when Henderson loads up and throws the right hand, he leaves himself open for knees and kicks.
On the ground, Silva has shown that he fights well off his back. Henderson will have the advantage in wrestling, but the edge goes to Silva in submissions. Both fighters will fight at a high pace and cardio shouldn’t be a problem for either.
It’s an even match-up, but if Henderson decides to keep the fight on the feet like he usually does, it will be his undoing and if it hits the ground, Silva shouldn’t have much of a problem getting back to his feet. Look for Silva to pick Henderson apart on the feet with precise and technical strikes en route to a decision.
Prediction: Anderson Silva by decision.

I think they Both hit just as hard. I mean Rich franklin and Chris Leben haven never been dropped from a Punch Until they met Anderson:nurse: if you look at the second fight with Anderson Vs. Rich, Anderson Had Literally Knocked rich Franklin out with ONE Punch at the end of the first round right before the bell saved Poor Rich. Rich couldnt even get up after that punch He had his Cornerman Help him back!!! watch it again carefully.

yeah, I remember that fight. I agree with you, it's not like they have them training on sensored heavy bags like Dolph Lundren in Rocky 4, until they do that whose to say who has the heaviest punch. The writer may be depending on Henderson's right hand reputation for the article, but I think he's right on with everything else.

TheSickness said:
I actually think Silva is the best pound for pound right now in the UFC. However I only say this because the UFC does not have a Bantam weight class. Because I think the very best fighter in the world right now and I am including Fedor in this analysis, is actually Uriah Faber. He fights outta the WEC and he is the complete package. Power, striking, Submissions, technique, chin, speed and over all game. Silva is a great fighter but has a suspect chin..But you gotta hit it first LOL....Rich Franklin is prolly a top 3 fighter in the world today at this weight and Silva made him look less then ordinary twice. This is not boxing guys nobody will ever go undefeated for their career.

Henderson did lose his last fight with Jackson many have, he's good. But Henderson has fought in the UFC and will not have the issues other K-1 douches do when they get into a real fight in a real arena:D I always loved Fedor and many times I wish he and I could have gone a few rounds..Cause I respect his game..But when he pussied out and chose to not sign with the UFC to avoid having to fight Randy Couture, I lost respect for him greatly. Yeah Randy lost twice by knockout to Chuck...But having trained with him for many years as a heavyweight Randy at 40 something could dominate the Heavyweight ranks for years to come. For the same reason he lost to chuck at the lower weight....It's about speed and speed translates into massive power and you can't deal with a guy that is much faster and constantly takes you out of your game in that weight class anyway.

Henderson I believe can and will beat Silva...The guy can take a punch or kick like no other fighter I have seen...He's been in many wars over the years and destroyed Wanderlei...Silva can submit Hendu on the ground fo sho...But the power Hendu has I believe will over come Silva in round 3. That's my prediction and my .02 cents :D

I like it. Uriah Faber is the most exciting fighter to watch that I have seen so far. He is creative and takes whatever is available.

As for Henderson vs Silva, I am rooting for Henderson all the way. I want to see Silva defeated.

tinygiants said:
I like it. Uriah Faber is the most exciting fighter to watch that I have seen so far. He is creative and takes whatever is available.

As for Henderson vs Silva, I am rooting for Henderson all the way. I want to see Silva defeated.
Thanks Dale :D

Well here it comes... I think Henderson might be too strong for him... guess we will find out.

Last edited:
nope, hasn't started yet.... i will post when it is over

henderson on top pounding away

Last edited:
spoiler*****

silva rear naked choked dan henderson... tap out :( good fight round 2

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back