Price to ask

v10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i've only had my srt-10 for a few days. I'm thinking about selling it cause of gas, and my question is 25k a good price to ask? its an 04 RC, completely stock with hard tonneau cover. only 3,500 miles on it.

Damn selling so soon.

The biggest problem you will have is the custom murals on the truck, that might hurt your asking price.

Put the wing on also, get it back to 100% factory as possible.

Good luck bro.

We'll thats going to be an expensive few days.

The one thing that will help you is the low miles.
Good luck with sale.

Damn selling so soon.

The biggest problem you will have is the custom murals on the truck, that might hurt your asking price.

Good luck bro.

I had the wing put on the tonneau cover yesterday, looks great to me. the guy at the body shop told me that laquer thinner will take the custom pinstripes off of the truck without hurting the paint on the truck...kinda iffy about that but id like to do it if it wouldnt hurt the paint.

25k to start sure, but I dont see you getting more than 20k in this economy, glws

To me it sounds like you picked up the truck for cheap, and only to make some money off of it. With no plans to keep it. Thats cool. Good thing you didn't pay 25 and need to get that out of it.
I had a 93 mustang that had a gold pinstripe on it. We used something and it took all the pinstripes off. Then a good buff and wax and it looked good as new.

To me it sounds like you picked up the truck for cheap, and only to make some money off of it. With no plans to keep it. Thats cool. Good thing you didn't pay 25 and need to get that out of it.
I had a 93 mustang that had a gold pinstripe on it. We used something and it took all the pinstripes off. Then a good buff and wax and it looked good as new.

You're right, I did pick it up cheap. My thoughts before buying were ok, I'll keep it because its my dream truck or sell it for some more money, win-win either way. Do you know exactly what you used to get the pinstripes off? it was professionally painted on and the guy at the body shop showed me that laquer thinner will take it off by doing a small part of it for me...

I had the wing put on the tonneau cover yesterday, looks great to me. the guy at the body shop told me that laquer thinner will take the custom pinstripes off of the truck without hurting the paint on the truck...kinda iffy about that but id like to do it if it wouldnt hurt the paint.

Sounds possible really, cause I had overspray on my truck and that was the way to remove it, with a good wetsand,buff.

the miles are awesome for the year, that will def be a good selling point, plus it's still factory which helps out alot also.

I really don't remember what we used. I worked in a car audio shop. We just grabbed what we had and used it.
If the body shop guy says (and showed you) that it would work and not damage the paint, see how much he wants to do it and give it a good buff. :dontknow:

I really don't remember what we used. I worked in a car audio shop. We just grabbed what we had and used it.
If the body shop guy says (and showed you) that it would work and not damage the paint, see how much he wants to do it and give it a good buff. :dontknow:

Yeah I think that's what I'll do. I may leave the pinstripes down the side, but take these dumb looking snowflake things on there (prob cant see in the pictures in my other thread) but they are small. I think ill try it myself cause it was very simple when he showed me.

I would get it as stock as possible. I think the stripes would hurt the sale. Take them all off.

Just my opinion.

Play with the laquer thinner in the wheel well or under the truck and see if it removes any of the black paint. :dontknow:

Damn selling so soon.

Good luck bro.

where did you see pic of it ? :dontknow:

Well that didn't last long. If gas prices are a deal breaker you should of never bought the truck. Good luck

Well that didn't last long. If gas prices are a deal breaker you should of never bought the truck. Good luck

I bought it knowing the mpg was not great. but, i got an amazing deal on it. my thoughts were i will overlook the mpg after driving it and loving the truck, or i will sell it for a profit. i will probably keep the truck a few more weeks without trying to sell it, but for the right price will. after that, i will probably try to sell it unless i decide to park it.

Remove that crap, clean it up. And keep it. For the price you paid, your not gonna beat it. Just go out now and get a little honda or something for your daily driver.

Remove that crap, clean it up. And keep it. For the price you paid, your not gonna beat it. Just go out now and get a little honda or something for your daily driver.

I could really go either way with it right now...i only have an 09 370z as my daily driver now that i sold my wrangler to get this truck. Plus I'm only 22 years old and it took a pretty good bit of my money to buy it. The next few weeks will be able to tell whether I should sell it or not.

I would sit on it, wait for gas prices to drop, then make your move. cause truck will be older with low miles still, plus better chance for more money.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back