Problem! Help!

I have 120k on original motor and tranny (quad cab). These engines will last. My engine has been mostly stock (CAI and tune) and has seen track time twice. I only recently replaced the stock plug wires because they fell apart from dry rot when they came off to replace the spark plugs. Had I not touched the plugs, the wires would probably still be fine. My truck has seen the hottest of days living in Tampa to full on snow and ice in Missouri this past year. I've hauled a few hundred pounds in the bed and backseat through the mountains going 80mph and other than eating through brakes, the truck has been fine. Knock on wood, maybe I'm just lucky, but for a performance truck, mine has been durable.

Thats good to hear:rock:I'll just keep up with all the maint.......

and the coil packs do go i was having an issue and we found 1 pin on my coil pack completely smoked and the plastic around it melted when i replaced with stinks coil pack and wires last summer.

Make sure that lifter on that spring is ok ,I have a bunch of those stock pushrods,if you just want to replace it instead of doing something else ill send you one for free just pm me your address, don't think I have any springs but ill check after work

Last edited:
Make sure that lifter on that spring is ok ,I have a bunch of those stock pushrods,if you just want to replace it instead of doing something else ill send you one for free just pm me your address, don't think I have any springs but ill check after work

Thanks man. But I'm gonna go ahead and order the other stuff. I was already planning on doing it but this just pushed the date forward about four months. Plus I only drive it for fun really... I use my work truck for everything else. I appreciate your help.

Plus I gonna powder coat the valve covers and intake manifold and upgrade wires and coils. I'm gonna spend money like women do on purses.

Update: Installed a new valve spring and got a pushrod from IRONHEAD... truck is running as smooth as butter again. Now time to pull apart for cam and valvetrain upgrade and some cosmetic work.

Back