Problem with my other Dodge

Alberta-SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I need some input on a little issue with my Dakota.
It's a 2008, 4.7 V8 with "Tip Start" and a factory remote start.
Tip start is a feature where you don't need to hold it in "Start" just needs a momentary turn and it cranks by itself until it starts.
Now sometimes when I try to start it with the key nothing happens when I turn it to the "Start" position.
But it always starts with the remote every time without any hesitation. So that pretty much rules out the battery and starter.

Last week it wouldn't start with the key for 3 days so I finally took it in to a dealer. Of course it worked fine when I got there. They kept it for a few days, did a full electronics check and could not make it happen. I suggested that it might be the ignition switch itself but they said no.

Yesterday it happened again and is now working fine.

Anyone have any ideas?:dontknow:

Probably the WCM or possibly I bad key. If you have a second Good key try using it for a week and see if it still happens. If it does then its your WCM if it doesn't its your key

Tried both keys already, same thing. When the problem shows up it didn't matter which key I used. What is the WCM and where is it?

Wireless control module and it's located in the steering column. You should have a dealer install and take both keys with you because they have to be reprogrammed to the vehicle with the new module.

Wireless control module and it's located in the steering column. You should have a dealer install and take both keys with you because they have to be reprogrammed to the vehicle with the new module.

exactly

No issues for the last 2 days. When it was at the dealer they had both keys, and at first they said they were seeing some issues with the wireless module. I guess they meant this WCM. Everything was reset and connections were checked then no fault was found. I guess I just keep watching it for a while. Is the WCM an expensive part to replace?

BTW Thanks for the feedback

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back