Productioin date of truck

vpr hler said:
Is the build date of the truck on the VIN??? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
no sir it is not,and the numbers for 05 and 06 have not been released by dodge yet.:(

I know mine has it on the window sticker, BMWs have it on the vin sticker in the door jamb, maybe check there?

There is a way to tell by decoding the VIN. I have a reference book that tells how but its buried somewhere. The date of manufacture is on the Door sticker though. I actually have the numbers 06/05 written on the inside of my front fender wells (can be seen from under the hood) in oil pen or something. Its still legible

Last edited:
brat said:
no sir it is not,and the numbers for 05 and 06 have not been released by dodge yet.:(
That would be production number. lbstone is looking for the build date. That I can get, just PM me your VIN.

Build date is on your door jamb white colored sticker. Among all the information on it is a "MDH" with 6 mumbers after it. MDH means month, date, and hour your truck was built.

In the "05" model year there were 5300 SRT 10's built.
Can't tell ya where they went or a break down of colors, options, RC, QC, ect...:listen:

However,

If you pm me I can get you the # of your truck.:D

05 numbers

MikeNice said:
In the "05" model year there were 5300 SRT 10's built.
Can't tell ya where they went or a break down of colors, options, RC, QC, ect...:listen:

However,

If you pm me I can get you the # of your truck.:D

I got some data from a very reliable source and was told that there were 4295 trucks built in 05 and 762 built in 06. Can I ask where you got your numbers.

Vipertruck 2933 posted this a while back.

Here is a breakdown of 2005 Production numbers for units intended for retail sale in the US. It does not include units built for export (Canada, etc...) or test units:

Reg Cab - 1,562
Flame Red - 453
Bright Silver - 280
White (CE) - 163
Black - 471
Solar Yellow - 195

Quad Cab - 2,809
Flame Red - 777
Bright Silver - 280
Black - 1,136
Solar Yellow - 272

hemi killer said:
I got some data from a very reliable source and was told that there were 4295 trucks built in 05 and 762 built in 06. Can I ask where you got your numbers.

I have one of the Rarest SRT10s ever made :D!!!!!!!

I was not trying to mislead anyone. The number I saw was 5300.
Several members had asked for their build ie: 1 of xxxx, I was just trying
to help.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back