propane on our trucks?

Bender

Reaction score
I've searched and read the few threads about propane on our trucks. Was just wondering if anyone is currently using it etc...

I own a few HEMI's on propane and i love them. HEMI's love propane injection, but not sure about how the viper engine would react. Im in the industry so I can get propane for about .25 cents a litre. The cheapness is the only reason I was considering the kit for the truck. Beats the near $1.60ish a litre for 94 premium here in Canada.

im not worried about power loss, or anything like that, its only about 10-20% power loss anyway from what i've personally experienced. My HEMI's on propane run amazingly smooth, and man does propane ever keep the engine internals clean as all hell.

If anyone has anything to chime in, that would be great!

Cheers!

Last edited:
I swear I've seen it on here before. I believe there is a video on YouTube. Let me see if I can pull her up

I haven't heard of anyone in Canada running propane, but I believe there are trucks in Europe that have been converted. If you are not woried about losing some power, you can get a 91 tune for your truck. I have 91 and 93 tunes, just in case I can't find the hi-test.:)

Hi, i'm from Belgium and i run my 10 on LPG (liquified petrol gas). The principle is about the same as propane. Only vessel pressure and thus pressure regulator are different (and maybe the mixture, not sure by heart, would need tolook it up).
Anyway it runs great and if programmed very accurate the powerdrop should be less that 10%.
The gas vessels are under the truck in place of the spare. So some extra weight on the rear wheels.
Most important is to have two pressure regulators, one per cylinder bank and big gas injectors to keep up with the v10 needs. Otherwise you would be running to lean.
Don't care to ask away if something pops up.

See u

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back