Purchased My RC Night Runner!

Carlwalski

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rock:

Well, some may have noticed but I thought I'd "officially" let you guys know that I found my Night Runner within a week or so of starting the search, boy, am I happy!!! :burnout: It's a RC and is originally from Lincoln, Nebraska. It has 5,879 miles as of a few days ago and is number "384/400". It's completely stock apart from the Mopar carpeted bedliner (original plastic bed liner comes with it) and 35% tints on all windows. Perfect condition inside & out.

I knew the owner from the cuda-challenger.com forum so I felt safe buying from him. I had a Kiwi shipper, Steve Curle (www.kiwishipping.com) inspect the car on my behalf. Just went into my local bank and placed the funds into my shippers account who will do the transfer in the US.

Will be paid for and picked up by Mon/Tue next week and be on it's way to New Zealand in around 14 days or so. As soon as it lands it will go to NZs best RHD conversion shop and be converted. Takes 5-6 weeks to convert. After that, it will be certified, VINned for NZ roads, be given NZ plates and registered. Then it will be trucked to my door then hop in and drive!! I hope to have the truck here, RHD, 100% legal by early to mid November. Photos below are from previous owner. I will take some nice photos when I get it out at the coast.

Cheers,
Carl

Attachments

• Night Runner SRT10.jpg
    Night Runner SRT10.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 910
  • Night Runner SRT10 2.jpg
    Night Runner SRT10 2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 384
  • Copy of DSCN1640.JPG
    Copy of DSCN1640.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Copy of DSCN1642.JPG
    Copy of DSCN1642.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Brians SRT10.jpg
    Brians SRT10.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Night Runner SRT10 (2).jpg
    Night Runner SRT10 (2).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 6,301
  • Night Runner SRT10 (1).jpg
    Night Runner SRT10 (1).jpg
    30 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC01258.jpg
    DSC01258.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Thanks guys! :burnout:

About the wait, (without sounding like a blowarse, just for reference only) I'm use to it. Took 3 years to restore my Challenger, Lucy. Now I have a 71 Cuda in storage, SRT10 in LA (soon) and a 540ci Hemi in being built in Canada for the last 2-3 months lol, this is a walk in the park LOL

Cheers lads. :)

Congrats on the rare and beautiful find....I know the coming weeks are gonna seem like forever but what is waiting at the end makes up for it...:rock:

Thanks mate and thanks for your help via PM on what to look for and reasonable prices, etc. :)

Yup, waiting, waiting, waiting lol. Just trying to organise parts to ship with the truck to save me on freight.
It's free if it can fit in the truck (bed). Exhaust and Boomer shifter, clutch kit are what I am going to buy.

Cheers,
Carl

NZ440R/T said:
:rock:

Well, some may have noticed but I thought I'd "officially" let you guys know that I found my Night Runner within a week or so of starting the search, boy, am I happy!!! :burnout: It's a RC and is originally from Lincoln, Nebraska. It has 5,879 miles as of a few days ago and is number "384/400". It's completely stock apart from the Mopar carpeted bedliner (original plastic bed liner comes with it) and 35% tints on all windows. Perfect condition inside & out.

I knew the owner from the cuda-challenger.com forum so I felt safe buying from him. I had a Kiwi shipper, Steve Curle (www.kiwishipping.com) inspect the car on my behalf. Just went into my local bank and placed the funds into my shippers account who will do the transfer in the US.

Will be paid for and picked up by Mon/Tue next week and be on it's way to New Zealand in around 14 days or so. As soon as it lands it will go to NZs best RHD conversion shop and be converted. Takes 5-6 weeks to convert. After that, it will be certified, VINned for NZ roads, be given NZ plates and registered. Then it will be trucked to my door then hop in and drive!! I hope to have the truck here, RHD, 100% legal by early to mid November. Photos below are from previous owner. I will take some nice photos when I get it out at the coast.

Cheers,
Carl
Congrats on the truck,do you have to do the conversion,for reg in nz?:rock:

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy your new beast!!!! :rock:

yellowfeverquad said:
Congrats on the truck,do you have to do the conversion,for reg in nz?:rock:

Thanks Brother. :rock:

Nope. There are 5 conversion rules when importing cars from the US Motherland.

1) If it's older than 20 years, you don't need to convert it, eg: Before 1987 is fine.
2) You can own the car for 90 days in the country of origin then bring it back and you won't have to convert it.
3) You can fly the seller and their car down here if they've owned it longer than 90 days and buy it off them while they're in NZ and you don't need to convert it.
4) Pay $18-25K and convert it professionally to RHD (my choice).
5) Be a Mad Max rebel with no regards to the law and keep it LHD, no REG/WOF or license. LOL

The reason I want it RHD is I'm not 100% familiar with the other methods and I have heard of paperwork "muck ups" where the truck and paper work had to be recalled and some long process commenced. This (for me and many others) is 101% fool proof, do it once, do it right. Plus, being a daily/weekly driver I want things like drivethrus etc to be on the right side, just driving in general is a little easier most of the time. Plus, I have two E-Bodies which are LHD so I have my "American driving style" fix sorted with them. :)

$25K is a lot but when you do the hard yards and buy direct from the US people downunder save HUGE $$$. I'm probably looking around $65-70K converted and ready to drive, remember, this is NZ so it's supply and demand for these trucks. You think that's bad, most of the modern Rams sell for $100K+, so, I've saved myself the best part of $40+K by skipping the middle men.

Check this out, it'll blow your mind what these trucks are worth down here.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/browse/sea...hRegion=100&type=Search&sort_order=price_desc

Remember, the prices are prices, no exchange rate. $1 to me is $1 to you, we know no different, only when you exchange these funds do the values change. When you say $5 for a beer I hear $5 for a beer, anyhow.......get ready for a draw drop lol.

Cheers,
Carl

Last edited:
Roz-SRT said:
Congrats on your purchase and enjoy your new beast!!!! :rock:

Thanks bud, love that sig eh! ;)
Just screaming out: "Throw me, THROOOOW ME!" :rock:

:elefant:

Attachments

• PistolGrip Tee1.jpg
    PistolGrip Tee1.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 32
  • Pistolgrip Tee2.jpg
    Pistolgrip Tee2.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 33
I hope you enjoy this truck as much as I did!! I am happy knowing that it is going to a great home! You will have to send me some pics of it in the same location that you had Lucy in front of that mountain!

Cannibal94 said:
I hope you enjoy this truck as much as I did!! I am happy knowing that it is going to a great home! You will have to send me some pics of it in the same location that you had Lucy in front of that mountain!

Hey Brian! lol :rock: Thanks mate, you know the truck will be well looked after & cared for just like anything I own. :)
Yup, I plan to take a photo of each of my babies in front of the mountain, love that shot and location, 4 hour drive North though.

Cheers bud, didn't even know you were a member. :p

TNVIPER - LOL! Not quite, thank goodness! I'm selling one of my other toys (Aussie Ford) to fund this truck.
So, I am making a sacrifice for it. I'd love both, but, yah can't have everything you want. :(

Cheers!

Attachments

• Lucy Large.JPG
    Lucy Large.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 45
NZ440R/T said:
Thanks bud, love that sig eh! ;)
Just screaming out: "Throw me, THROOOOW ME!" :rock:

:elefant:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

CONGRATS!on the purchase,those prices for the trucks in the ad are something else!

Congrats!!

Keep an eye and ear out for a red supercharged SRT Ram that will be in New Zealand I believe next year. I forget where the new owner resides in New Zealand, I'll have to ask him again.

awesome! congrats on the purchase! you picked the best color and best model. you're gonna love it! btw, i've got Night Runner #392 of 400.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back