Purge Question???

The Itch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever purged the nitrous back into the engine bay?

Could it be used for a cool blast through the intake manafold just before a run?:dontknow:

This may be an obvious NO but I haven't read any reason why not...:dontknow:

On the street would be no biggie but at the track well by me anyway all purge has to be out of the top. But I would think that if by chance it was getting into the cab it may knock your ass out maybe?

DevilDawg3097 said:
On the street would be no biggie but at the track well by me anyway all purge has to be out of the top. But I would think that if by chance it was getting into the cab it may knock your ass out maybe?

Excellent point. :eek: Idea dumped...:marchmellow:

Glad I can help. now they have a cryo kit like with the idea of what your thinking. Also with that you can piece it together because some of the cryo kits are nuts and charge more then nos kits.

i would think a build up in under hood gas would be a life altering experience:eek:BOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM,,,:eek:

ya you could laugh yourself to death :Dbut if he squirts into the intake to get a cool shot of air i can see were gas would build up in the intake manifold

get a purge valve and one of those little led lights ,,so when you purge it will look red or what ever color you choose:D

The Itch said:
Has anyone ever purged the nitrous back into the engine bay?

Could it be used for a cool blast through the intake manafold just before a run?:dontknow:

This may be an obvious NO but I haven't read any reason why not...:dontknow:

Just keep the purged NOS away from your intake.

I think a cryo kit like he was talking about may be your answer.

Or some meth/water injection.

NOS is not flammable by itself, but it is an oxidizing agent, allows more O2 to be created per volume.

FATJACK said:
I think Justin purges his back into the CAI.

That's kinda what I was trying to figure out. Using the purge instead of wasting it.:dontknow:
I don't really want to SHOW the purge but if I have to I may as well get a lazer and disco ball to go with it...:D

Ironhead said:
get a purge valve and one of those little led lights ,,so when you purge it will look red or what ever color you choose:D

I'm putting one on the scooter!!!:D :rock:

The Itch said:
That's kinda what I was trying to figure out. Using the purge instead of wasting it.:dontknow:
I don't really want to SHOW the purge but if I have to I may as well get a lazer and disco ball to go with it...:D

If you dont want people to see you purging put a line that runs out the back under the bed or I have seen it shot down by the exhaust out the rear.

I could purge it out the passenger side and blast people standing on the corner ~or~ knock the wife out from time to time...HMMMM???:evil: :evil: :evil:

i didnt think it was a good idea to use n02 under a certain rpm. if you spray it in the engine compartment it would suck it up. wouldnt that be bad?

The Itch said:
I could purge it out the passenger side and blast people standing on the corner ~or~ knock the wife out from time to time...HMMMM???:evil: :evil: :evil:

no ,what you do in run the purge behind her seat up to the head rest that way when she starts GETTING out of had you purge her a couple time ,,,,she will start laughing and laughing ,,,

Ironhead said:
no ,what you do in run the purge behind her seat up to the head rest that way when she starts GETTING out of had you purge her a couple time ,,,,she will start laughing and laughing ,,,

I could top that off with an EJECT button...:D

perk_1405 said:
i didnt think it was a good idea to use n02 under a certain rpm. if you spray it in the engine compartment it would suck it up. wouldnt that be bad?
only if to much gets sucked into the intake you'll suffocate it:D I have seen some with a spay bar on front of the radiator so it cools the water temp and i guess some would help cool the engine bay, just my guess. But ya to much will choke it off. Used to spray fire extinguisher into the intake of a old run away detroit diesel

DevilDawg3097 said:
it off. Used to spray fire extinguisher into the intake of a old run away detroit diesel

thats funny i had a spectrum genny with a dertoit and it was running a way i put a coat over the intake and chewed part of the sleve. lmao we had to rebuild it any way.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back