Put my truck to work

blazinsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rented a 1 ton excavator to replace my water service line to my house. Didn't even know it was there driving it lol.. And the guys at the rental place took pics of my truck after we loaded it...

that excavator trailer works great as a burnout anchor!! :)

Wow cool!

What did it cost to rent that thing?

It was just under $300 and I had it for the weekend..Would have cost me more if I put more then 8 hours on it. I was quoted 6k for a job that I did myself for $1200 including the rental.

It was just under $300 and I had it for the weekend..Would have cost me more if I put more then 8 hours on it. I was quoted 6k for a job that I did myself for $1200 including the rental.

Nicely done. DIY is the way to go, as long as you don't make a bigger mess than you started with. That's quite a savings.

Nicely done. DIY is the way to go, as long as you don't make a bigger mess than you started with. That's quite a savings.

I agree 100%

I had a tree fall on my fence and the local fence installer wanted to charge me $800 to replace the damaged section.

I ordered the fence pieces from Lowe's for $180 and did the work myself in 3 hours.

How the hell can they charge $200 an hour to dig a few holes!

I agree 100%

I had a tree fall on my fence and the local fence installer wanted to charge me $800 to replace the damaged section.

I ordered the fence pieces from Lowe's for $180 and did the work myself in 3 hours.

How the hell can they charge $200 an hour to dig a few holes!

40% of cost is in insurance and licensing. 800-320=480
Minus material 480-180=300

Yeah it sucks but it's the law to charge ridiculous money. Oh and don't forget taxes. Those guys were almost working for free.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back