Qc transmission

jbsrt10

Reaction score
I have adjusted the tv cable as much as I can an the transmission is still shifting way to quick an when I get in the gas hard it will not down shift??? Anyone have this problem or know what I can do to fix it?

Last edited:
this may be a few days old but id get a helper and have them step on the gas pedal with the engine OFF and you look at the lever on the tranny to verify its moving and while its to the floor grab the lever and see if you can move it any more, maybe you are adjusting backwards ?

I have adjusted the tv cable as much as I can an the transmission is still shifting way to quick an when I get in the gas hard it will not down shift??? Anyone have this problem or know what I can do to fix it?

The cable adjustment is fairly sensitive and doesn't take much one way or the other to change it. Once the cables START to move together, adjustment is correct. IF the tv is adjusted and is already under tension when the throttle cable moves, it will prolong your part throttle shift points. I.O.W. , your shifts will be further apart (more r.p.m. spread) due to the increase in line pressure.

If the tv cable adjustment is correct (the throttle cable and the tv cable START to move together because they BOTH have the same amount of initial slack), and you are still having issues, you may have a valve body problem or your pressure solenoids may have some band material in them and can't operate properly.

Some guys use (and like) the GM solenoids (you will have to drop the pan to get at them) but I use and recommend the stock ones. You could try changing those.

If there IS band material when you drop the pan, a rebuild is needed.

Do yourself/mechanic a favour and have a drain plug installed in your pan. They are cheap and save a mess when servicing.

I have the same amount of money invested in fixing/upgrading my 48RE since the truck was new as I do in my last complete engine overhaul.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back