Qeustions about NOS? input plz

USAF-SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking into getting a set-up for my 10 and wanted to get input from anyone who has ever had experience with it. Whats the best a dry or wet setup? whats the effrects long term and how these engines handle it?

All and any info will be great!

Go straight to Justin at JMB Performance, he will lead you in the right direction and has all the right parts at good prices. DO NOT try to cut corners. Your truck will love you for this, unbelievable at the difference and if you stay at or below a 150 shot will not hurt a thing.

FATJACK said:
Go straight to Justin at JMB Performance, he will lead you in the right direction and has all the right parts at good prices. DO NOT try to cut corners. Your truck will love you for this, unbelievable at the difference and if you stay at or below a 150 shot will not hurt a thing.
annnnnnd how many clutches, transmissions, spider gears and rear axles have you gone thru?

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
annnnnnd how many clutches, transmissions, spider gears and rear axles have you gone thru?
Awww Stink, thats collateral damage, that don't count....:p :p

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
Thats only if you launch like the madman Jack:D

Back to answering the mans question. A 100 shot you wont need to retard (or tune) but a tune can squeeze a bit more. Like jack said 150 shot your not gonna do anything bad (unless you run like TooLoe:elefant: ) If you only use it at the track your truck will be fine but you may need band adjusments sooner and more frequently( I have rc :p dont worry about that stuff:elefant: ) But youll be fine and you have a ton of choices I do suggest a window switch though.(will save your tranny a beating;) ). Now you just need to find something you want:rock:

stick to a 100 to 125 shot youll be safe and have a ton of fun with it:burnout:remember a 100 to 125 shot v8 setup will give you 10 percent less of a shot in a v-10

If you run a 100 to a 125 shot you will be safe and will have a blast with it.. and also later on down the road you can get a tune for it to maximize the shot so to speak. because everything is better if you tune for it... that being said if your planing on running a small 100 - 125 shot theres no need to spend big money on a kit.. i understand we like to help our forums sponcers out but.. i've got maybe 200 bucks tied up into my nitrous kit and i'm spraying a 175-200 shot threw it everynow and then. If you want some more infor on where to get some stuff from please PM me but like said above JMB makes a bad ass kit. just a little to expensive for my taste for something you only use everynow and then...Also instead of using a nozzle of direct port for as small as a shot you are going to run i recomend the Nitrous Plate from nitrous outlet "These are the guys i use only 10 min down the road form the house" they are the only people who make a nitrous plate for our trucks that are proven to gain 10 to 15 more HP than just a normal 100 shot if that makes any sence.. i'm off to class but if you have any more questions please feel free to PM me i'll help ya out as much as i can... also for your tranny problems you could run a progressive controler like i do to make the "Shock" easier on the truch when the Hit hit's

there is supposed to be a part out there that when you arm your nitrous before you spray it atumatically retards the timing? its supposed to be 2 degrees for every 5o hp of nos. Apperantly this saves you engine alot of damage in the long run. I am in the proccess of buying the kit from devildawg so i am new to this myself!

1fast10 said:
there is supposed to be a part out there that when you arm your nitrous before you spray it atumatically retards the timing? its supposed to be 2 degrees for every 5o hp of nos. Apperantly this saves you engine alot of damage in the long run. I am in the proccess of buying the kit from devildawg so i am new to this myself!

It's 2 degrees for every 100 Shot or Nitrous for a 200 shot i pull 4 degrees out. you can get an MDS box that retard timing on a switch. but i do not run one.. if i did i would run threw at least 2 bottles a week lol

so if i flip on the system via the arm switch ill have to splice into the power wire one for the MDS box and one for the nitrous system?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back