quarter mile time

I think im going to have it tuned on a dyno. Hopefully i can get it leaned out. Does anyone know of someone that s willing and good at tuning our truck? I live in cincinnati and am will to drive a little but but dont want to drive more than a couple hours.

You need to buy an A/F ratio Guage which has a wideband O2 sensor that feeds back to the Guage the A/F ratio
Cruise/idle should be 14.7 which means with gasoline that you are burning all air/fuel mixture during each combustion process. Running a tad rich is kinda insurance at Wide Open Throttle (wot) against detonation aka knock aka ping which is harmful to your pistons and rings. A general safe A/F mixture at WOT is 12.5:1. Anything below on an NA engine is leaving power on the table.

Thanks for that info

Let us know how the tune turns out and what the truck runs after.

Yes i will let all you guys know. I didnt think he could do that over an email with a hand held. Technology these days hahah

I have the graph and have made the calibration adjustments already. The truck was 12.0:1 through the most of the curve and migrated to 11.5 up high not 10:1.

This for the most part is stereotypical of how I send out blind calibrations I error on the safe side always.

Attachments

• tunes1.jpg
    tunes1.jpg
    842.7 KB · Views: 100
Okay. So i was able to change my clutch fluid today and i notice a difference in my clutch..but the real problem of it going into gear and getting hung up when i shift is still there..what im thinking is when i had my transmission changed at valvoline a couple thousand miles ago they put the wrong transmission fluidin. Im going to Valvoline tomorrow to get a print out of what they put in.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back