quarter mile times

chad434sc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I finally got my truck to the track. My first pass was a 13.92 at 99mph and the next 2 were exactly the same at a 13.77 at 100mph. What do you guys think of that? Its a QC with a magnaflow cat back, CAI and B&G stage 2 and thats it. I love how hard it scratches 2nd gear every time.

It really all depends on track conditions, your launch and air quality. I would think your time with those mods would have been 13.5 or even a little better..........but what was your sixty foot? I am guessing 2.2 or worse?

Dont get me wrong, you dont have a bad times at all, and while that scratch into second sounds cool, it really slows you down. Dropping your rear tire pressure down to 22 lbs or so will help with traction as well.

As long as you had fun................thats truly whats matters.

patrick

My 60ft was 2.06 and I did let my pressure down to 22psi. I will say not to bad for hauling a motorcycle and towing a trailer with a car on it 3 hours and then unhooking it and running it. I understand the scratching of 2nd but I felt like it was hooking pretty well. I'm used to something a tinsy bit faster so didn't know what to expect. This is my tow rig.

Hmmmmm, I guess I am just wanting more for ya. That sixty is actually pretty good. My best was 2.2 which turned a 13.5 at 104. Of course its apples to oranges since I have a RC which had 4.10 gearing in it at the time I ran it. My mods where k and N and a magnaflow.

I know if you deleted the cats it would be faster as you would be getting the full benefit of that tune. Either way, as long you had fun.........that is truly what matters.

patrick

Chad that is a great time bo! congrats:rock: :rock:

now get some headers , drop the cats and drop 2-4 more tenths:D

Thanks guys. Yeah I am going to get rid of the cats and go back just to see that difference. I did have a great time though. I didn't get to run my bike because I forgot my leather pants. Oh well maybe next time.

chad434sc said:
Hey guys. I finally got my truck to the track. My first pass was a 13.92 at 99mph and the next 2 were exactly the same at a 13.77 at 100mph. What do you guys think of that? Its a QC with a magnaflow cat back, CAI and B&G stage 2 and thats it. I love how hard it scratches 2nd gear every time.

Great times; Really close to where I was with a Stage 2 and catback.
What is your track's altitude?

Last edited:
mauiSRT/10 said:
Hmmmmm, I guess I am just wanting more for ya. That sixty is actually pretty good. My best was 2.2 which turned a 13.5 at 104. Of course its apples to oranges since I have a RC which had 4.10 gearing in it at the time I ran it. My mods where k and N and a magnaflow.

I know if you deleted the cats it would be faster as you would be getting the full benefit of that tune. Either way, as long you had fun.........that is truly what matters.

patrick

Heck Patrick...you live down in the bottom of a volcano below sea level...you should be faster...LOL...;)

Very Respectable times. With your elevation I would say the air was affecting your times. I ran a 13.3 with just a flash and DR's, DA was around 2500. Other guys with similar mods as you were running 13.6 or so. Don't know why I was running faster with less mods:dontknow: My 60 was 2.0 so I don't think the DR's made that much of a difference.

Times are pretty good, keep in mind the B&G is the only real performance mod on your truck. Catless mids will give you much better performance than the cat-back. That being said, how mnay miles on the truck. These engines need alot to loosen up, as much power as they produce when new once I hit about 12k miles it really felt alot stronger. At that point I had several miles on my stage II, headers, catless, magnaflow...and when pulling out from a turn I could smoke them up till about 70mph sometimes more. and if I punched it under 40mph I could get really nasty wheel spin. If was fun because it just intimidates people who think there ride is badazz.

Nice run... I am interested in going to the track as well... We just dont have one for many many miles.

I have 20,000 miles on the truck. I plan on getting rid of the cats. I just don't have time right now. Thanks for all the comments guys.

Stinker said:
Chad that is a great time bo! congrats:rock: :rock:

now get some headers , drop the cats and drop 2-4 more tenths:D

Headers are for ladies :mad:

j/k i am getting a set myself :D

Good luck ,nice numbers:rock:

I know on mine there was a huge difference between Stage2 Xmetal and Stage 2 DC performance .:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back