Question about tuning

furgy667

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few quick questions . I just purchased and 04 SRT . It has had some mods done to it and I have questions about the tuning.

1. On my last 2 trucks I usually just sent the pcm off and had it tuned by somebody. This was much cheaper than buying a tuner.Is there some one doing this for our trucks.
2. There was also software that could be purchased that would alow you to tune the pcm your self . This usually came with several preset tunes and people could send each other files of there modified tunes. The price of the software was usually the same as buying a hand held . Is there software like this for the viper trucks?
3. Truck has these mods that I have found today. Mangnflow cat back with no secondary cats, full K&N kit, and a B&M shifter. Does removing the secondary cats require tuning on these trucks? I am sure if I cut the other two cats out I would have to get a tune.

Thanks for the help

Brandon

Last edited:
I would recommend to have your truck professionally tuned, or by someone who knows what they are doing. If you would like to be able to adjust settings (air/fuel, timing, etc..) the Vec and SCT are a couple ways to go. From there it gets pretty extensive and out of the norm (AEM, Motec, etc..).

I would contact DC Performance for tuning help (especially if you need your PCM modified...they are brilliant with that.)

Take care!

-Patrick

I live in North Alabama .Is there any body tuning in my area?

furgy667 said:
I live in North Alabama .Is there any body tuning in my area?

Whur bouts in N. Alabama, there are a bunch of us in SE Tennessee and NW Georgia. Oh yeah, I think there might be at least one more Alabama member.:D :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back