Question for Paxton Owners

Get rid of those autolites ASAP

No iridium!!!!!

Just a quick search before asking. I'll see if I can find time to change the plugs this weekend. I'm dreading a wire change :afraid:

I appreciate the offer to take it and make it what it should be ;) I'll be doing one step at a time for now. I may end up taking you up on it later :D

Didnt 1badtrk(bobby) get tuned/built by Roe? His truck went 11.2 with the paxton. Runs very strong and SAFE. Although a built bottom end could easily use a turbo for bigger gains or a bigger s/c.

It's called lack of options with limited budget..... I live in the sticks with no access to dyno equipment or a tuner. Torrie happens to live an hour and a half from me. I gave him the chance to tune it and so far he's been honest and able to do exactly what I've asked. Until that opposite happens I'll stick with him.

You are the only person I know still recommending Torrie for FI tuning. Chris Jensen is the unanimous choice.

It's called lack of options with limited budget..... I live in the sticks with no access to dyno equipment or a tuner. Torrie happens to live an hour and a half from me. I gave him the chance to tune it and so far he's been honest and able to do exactly what I've asked. Until that opposite happens I'll stick with him.

Suite yourself. I know a half dozen other people that post here all the time that have had bad experiences with Torrie tuning their FI trucks. One of the main builders that previously recommend Torrie is now using someone else for their FI builds. I'm happy to hear you've had good experiences with Torrie, but, as I said before, when a new guy shows up looking for tuning advice for a FI truck, Chris Jensen is the unanimous choice.

are these the correct plugs?

NGK Nickel Spark Plug (ZFR7F-11) 6855: Search no more for the best Motorcycle Spark Plugs at Advance Auto Parts

If so, I'm just going to start with one or the other. Assuming plain vanilla paxton auto tranny sc, which one 7F or 6F? (with the 7 being colder)

Thanks,
Gordon

Still reading/learning... since I'm only adding about 100hp over stock, the 6F may be the better option? Would that be one step cooler option over stock? :confused:

Also... I'm seeing different options for each V-Power, nickel, etc. Still trying to figure out which one. A link would be helpful. Thanks!

:stupido3:

OK Then, not looking to stir up trouble.

Suite yourself. I know a half dozen other people that post here all the time that have had bad experiences with Torrie tuning their FI trucks. One of the main builders that previously recommend Torrie is now using someone else for their FI builds. I'm happy to hear you've had good experiences with Torrie, but, as I said before, when a new guy shows up looking for tuning advice for a FI truck, Chris Jensen is the unanimous choice.

I have no idea where u getting your info from but the ones you need are the ngk zfr6f-11.

Thanks! mostly from discussion in this thread supplemented with reading online from NGK and other forums. Searching google returns lots of different things... cross references, other plugs, etc. It was suggested that I try both 6F and 7F. I'm just trying to make sure I'm looking at the right ones and figuring out which I need to start with.

I'll start with ZFR6F... ordered today. will install this week and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back