Questions about SRT stock sound system NEED HELP

ramatorix

Reaction score
Ok I have a 1500 QC ram hemi with the infinity sound package (no sub). I know the srt’s came with the sub. I want to keep my stock deck and install a sub. I know the aftermarket alternatives and have decided that my first choice is to try to incorporate the system out of a srt. Now for the questions. In detail does anyone know the system for ex. Is there a separate amp for the sub? How does the amp receive power? How does the amp receive signal (aftermarket decks have pre-outs mine does not)? In my system I have a wire harness that goes from the deck to an amp behind the dash from the amp it goes to 7 speakers. It would be awesome if the amp behind the dash in the srt also fed the sub then I would only need the srt amp, sub with box, and wire harness from amp to sub. Any help would be appreciated but please try to assure it is accurate because I will be spending some money on this and cannot afford to waste any, the military does not pay well.

just order the kicker kit from Mopar. it comes with the amp and sub. to install the SRT set-up would be a pretty difficult task. The Mopar/Kicker would prob sound better... its p/n 77kick17

go aftermarket end of story
it wont be worth it just to be dissapointed in the end
I personally am not impressed with the srt sound at all
But if you must know... there are 2 amps one for the doors and tweeters and one for the sub
most amps have an option for none pre-out decks I forget what thats called..you just take the - and + from each side (left and right)
only if you go high end will the amp have 6 channels plus a mono output
And why doesnt the military pay good? Thats BS!

BS huh well I know that if I was in a civilian job away from my wife and kids, living in a tent, working in 120+ degree weather, risking my life on a daily basis, as supervisor and a leader, only taking home $2400.00 a month I would tell my employer to shove the job up there ass. Don’t get me wrong I love the military, my country, and my job. I have been in for over 8 years and plan on staying for at least 12 more. I am just saying I can’t afford to waste $100-$200.

i looked at the 77kick17 looks great but i guess it only for a 06-08 i have a 04 any other sugestions

ramatorix said:
BS huh well I know that if I was in a civilian job away from my wife and kids, living in a tent, working in 120+ degree weather, risking my life on a daily basis, as supervisor and a leader, only taking home $2400.00 a month I would tell my employer to shove the job up there ass. Don’t get me wrong I love the military, my country, and my job. I have been in for over 8 years and plan on staying for at least 12 more. I am just saying I can’t afford to waste $100-$200.

:dontknow:
I was thinking you need a raise if anything
not that you make more than you claim
:D

I was just explaining myself sorry if it sounded like I was being defensive I just wanted to emphasize my patriotism while stating yes we do need a raise. Did you know a E4 pay grade that is married with 2 kids qualifies for food stamps that’s crap. Below is a news article with a reply from a military member about pay raises if you care.

Military Overpaid??
Current mood: angry
Somebody has started to straighten some of these thoughtless and ungrateful people out. And I am even more grateful that it was someone serving in one of the branches of military.

Military paid too much? You be the judge!
This is an Airman's response to Cindy Williams' editorial piece in the Washington Times about MILITARY PAY, it should be printed in all newspapers across America.

On Nov. 12, Ms Cindy Williams (from Laverne and Shirley TV show) wrote a piece for the Washington Times, denouncing the pay raise coming service members' way this year -- citing that the stated 13% wage was more than they deserve.

A young airman from Hill AFB responds to her article below. He ought to get a bonus for this.

"Ms Williams:

I just had the pleasure of reading your column, "Our GIs earn enough" and I am a bit confused. Frankly, I'm wondering where this vaunted overpayment is going, because as far as I can tell, it disappears every month between DFAS (The Defense Finance and Accounting Service) and my bank account.

Checking my latest earnings statement I see that I make $1,117.80 before taxes. After taxes, I take home $874.20. When I run that through the calculator, I come up with an annual salary of $13,413.60 before taxes, and $10,490.40, after.

I work in the Air Force Network Control Center where I am part of the team responsible for a 5,000 host computer network. I am involved with infrastructure segments, specifically with Cisco Systems equipment. A quick check under jobs for Network Technicians in the Washington, D.C. area reveals a position in my career field, requiring three years experience with my job. Amazingly, this job does NOT pay $13,413.60 a year. No, this job is being offered at $70,000 to $80,000 per annum... I'm sure you can draw the obvious conclusions.

Given the tenor of your column, I would assume that you NEVER had the pleasure of serving your country in our armed forces. Before you take it upon yourself to once more castigate congressional and DOD leadership for attempting to get the families in the military's lowest pay brackets off of WIC and food stamps, I suggest that you join a group of deploying soldiers headed for AFGHANISTAN; I leave the choice of service branch up to you.

Whatever choice you make, though, opt for the SIX month rotation: it will guarantee you the longest possible time away from your family and friends, thus giving you full "deployment experience." As your group prepares to board the plane, make sure to note the spouses and children who are saying good-bye to their loved ones. Also take care to note that several families are still unsure of how they'll be able to make ends meet while the primary breadwinner is gone -- obviously they've been squandering the "vast" piles of cash the government has been giving them.

Try to deploy over a major holiday; Christmas and Thanksgiving are perennial favorites. And when you're actually over there, sitting in a foxhole, shivering against the cold desert night; and the flight sergeant tells you that there aren't enough people on shift to relieve you for chow, remember this: trade whatever MRE (meal-ready-to-eat) you manage to get for the tuna noodle casserole or cheese tortellini, and add Tabasco to everything. This gives some flavor. Talk to your loved ones as often as you are permitted; it won't nearly be long enough or often enough, but take what you can get and be thankful for it.

You may have picked up on the fact that I disagree with most of the points you present in your opined piece.

But, tomorrow from KABUL, I will defend to the death your right to say it.

You see, I am an American fighting man, a guarantor of your First Amendment rights and every other right you cherish. On a daily basis, my brother and sister soldiers worldwide ensure that you and people like you can thumb your collective nose at us, all on a salary that is nothing short of pitiful and under conditions that would make most people cringe. We hemorrhage our best and brightest into the private sector because we can't offer the stability and pay of civilian companies.

And you, Ms. Williams, have the gall to say that we make more than we deserve? Rubbish!

A1C Michael Bragg Hill AFB AFNCC

SORRY BIGREDV10

Anyway I am off my soap box now sorry BIGREDV10 I miss understood your post I see what you were trying to say thanks for the support. Does anyone have any other ideas for the sound system dilemma

Both the 04 and the 05 used a PCI Bus to run the audio system. Give Kicker a call. Their Tech support line is very good and they may tell you that the 05 system will work in your 04.

I have the Full Kicker system (speakers, speaker amp, Sub and Sub Amp) and could not be happier... The Sub hits so hard it is almost like having two subs in the truck... :)

The Dash Tweeters had a different/Updated Connector but that was an easy fix the rest was toatlly Plug and Play... :)

Great thanks for the help I am emailing kicker now to find out more

Well i don't know what to say ramatorix.....ive been in for almost 8 years and I bused my ass and made rank.....I'm an E-6 now and my pay is OK......enough to support a family as long as I budget! No i do think i should get paid alot more than I do since the civis that do my job but less can make anywhere from 60 to 90k in the states....150 overseas. I'm deployed now and are making pretty good money...keep in mind that i'm single with no kids though :rock: After this deployment i'm either going to make selection for spec ops or im getting out though.....Iv'e had enough of the b.s.

sorry to hear that. But thanks for your service and keep you head down. good luck

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back