Quick exhaust question??

hawk02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is the Billyboat cat-back almost $500 more than the Borla?? I've looked at both and cannot see why besides it being polished and a big dual in/out muffler like the stock style.. The Borla even looks like it gives more performance, 2 separate mufflers and a built in H pipe, its 3inch and SS just like billy just not polished. Besides name I'm just trying to figure it out, I could understand the entire header back system being awesome but just asking on the cat back to replace the stock system for more performance..... Thanks.

partially you are paying for the name and the sound. in my opinion the billy boat exhaust sounds a ton better

I thought the 2 smaller mufflers with an H pipe would have sounded better, but OK.. How about performance vs. sound?? H pipe and 2 mufflers vs. 1 big dual in/out? Looks like a polished stock system, I know people on here know more about this than I do thats why I'm asking, I just cannot see it.....

Lot of it has to do with name.

I just bought a new down pipe for my car, 389.00 it cost me, another company has one thats 699.00

both are SS and 3 inch catless. and both come from companies with good history behind them, one name is just a little bit bigger I guess.

What car did you get RAMDUDE? Your truck was one of my favorites on here, sad that you got rid of it.

What car did you get RAMDUDE? Your truck was one of my favorites on here, sad that you got rid of it.

2013 VW CC Sport/Plus.

Thanks buddy, Yeah I loved the truck.

304514_346043182145600_1860033101_n.jpg

224608_346043748812210_2034086886_n.jpg

Save yourself some money and just go to a muffler shop and have him slap on two magnaflow mufflers and weld in a H pipe in front of them ,cost less than 400 bucks,on my first 05 I had I went with the big name crap also ,the HP diff is next to nothing between them .
The best sound was the two separate ones with H pipe and was cheapest by far.
On my CE I have now it has a magnaflow cat back over priced stuff on it when I bought it ,it was already there.But when I need to replace it I will go to mighty muffler not over priced catback parts plus I get free beer at the muffler shop LOL

And Dude that looks like my grandmas car lol

Last edited:
Any recommendations on the individual Magnaflow mufflers to use, round magnapacs or ovals?

Save yourself some money and just go to a muffler shop and have him slap on two magnaflow mufflers and weld in a H pipe in front of them ,cost less than 400 bucks,on my first 05 I had I went with the big name crap also ,the HP diff is next to nothing between them .
The best sound was the two separate ones with H pipe and was cheapest by far.
On my CE I have now it has a magnaflow cat back over priced stuff on it when I bought it ,it was already there.But when I need to replace it I will go to mighty muffler not over priced catback parts plus I get free beer at the muffler shop LOL

And Dude that looks like my grandmas car lol

Thats cool. my mods don't cost an arm and a leg, I get 35 WHP for 380 bucks do you ? lol Oh and it come's with an forged engine from the factory, and it can handle boost factory :chain:

I'll bolt on 100 + WHP and 150 TQ for under 2K. Do a K04 upgrade using factory parts and bolt on 170 HP. for a whopping 2400.00 for everything. whats a roe cost 8K LOL have fun. Remember I owned a srt bro.

Any recommendations on the individual Magnaflow mufflers to use, round magnapacs or ovals?

Dude I used magnaflows, they are junk. it went into the scrap pile, it blew apart and cracked.

Go unique, go spintechs or something different.

Dude I used magnaflows, they are junk. it went into the scrap pile, it blew apart and cracked.

Go unique, go spintechs or something different.

Sold my blk 05 with 40k on it with magnaflow ovals never had a problem one ,maybe they just did not like you LOL

Sold my blk 05 with 40k on it with magnaflow ovals never had a problem one ,maybe they just did not like you LOL

Yeah I would guess so. along with all of the other problems that truck had.

But back to the products, when my muffler split/cracked/blew apart it could not of been more than 22 gauge. Spins are 16 gauge.

Yeah I would guess so. along with all of the other problems that truck had.

But back to the products, when my muffler split/cracked/blew apart it could not of been more than 22 gauge. Spins are 16 gauge.

I also live in the land of no snow or salt on roads ever

I also live in the land of no snow or salt on roads ever

Thats great, mufflers are not rated by salt,rain & snow.

SS is SS, but different grades make the difference all together.

Just cause a company says the exhaust system is stainless, that does not mean you are not getting trash grade stainless.

Magnaflow is the norm around here, they sound pretty decent but it seems thet don't hold up to salt here. Ive seen aluminized pipe last longer than magnaflow or flowmaster. My grandad made his own glasspacks and I've tinkered with a few chambered but I ain't found anything to get the whine out of a MoPar V10 magnum or viper powered. All I know is a big volume chambered muffler works the best in a true dual setup.

I'm working on a system that uses either Spintechs or Aero Turbine 3030XL with res built in.
Give me a week to get sound clips.

Magnaflow is the norm around here, they sound pretty decent but it seems thet don't hold up to salt here. Ive seen aluminized pipe last longer than magnaflow or flowmaster. My grandad made his own glasspacks and I've tinkered with a few chambered but I ain't found anything to get the whine out of a MoPar V10 magnum or viper powered. All I know is a big volume chambered muffler works the best in a true dual setup.

I know when I had my dynomax super X, that sounded so good on the truck. kinda like a big block muscle car. But after it split I went to buy another off jegs website and seen it was rated up to 500 HP.

So I don't know if pulling the cats off made it fall apart, cause thats when the problems started to come.

My personal visit to B&B to have my system made and installed revealed some interesting facts.....

-An H pipe may change the sound of the system. However, dyno testing did not show any power gains.

-An X pipe would work if it could be fit with the proper merge angle seen in the pic below. There is not enough room with the frame and driveline to allow this configuration.

TheBBFacility013.jpg

B&B does some magical work to the flow characteristics inside thier dual in/out muffler.

Last edited:
My personal visit to B&B to have my system made and installed revealed some interesting facts.....

-An H pipe may change the sound of the system. However, dyno testing did not show any power gains.

-An X pipe would work if it could be fit with the proper merge angle seen in the pic below. There is not enough room with the frame and driveline to allow this configuration.

TheBBFacility013.jpg

B&B does some magical work to the flow characteristics inside thier dual in/out muffler.

I am looking at the B&B cat back for my new car. The work they produce looks great.

The Super X muffler was that itself. a X pipe in the muffler. If they were built using thicker gauge material It would be even better, but thin sheetmetal just didnt cut it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back