Quick Question...

If the wires were in the wrong spot, it would run like shit. The truck runs great, smooth, no issues, idles perfect, and the sound from the tailpipe isnt a scary sound like something is off, its more of annoying sound, like an exhaust leak.

20 mins? not sure about that :hmmmm2:

I'll go pro it tonight.

All you need is a ratchet, spark plug socket, spark plug wire remover, and some extensions, 10 plugs pregapped...

1. Pull wire
2. Back out plug
3. Put new plug in
4. Replace wire
5. Repeat x 10

I change mine at the track with the truck hot in 20 min, it's really that easy. There is nothing to remove or in your way...

Spend 35$ on plugs and the rest on beer and it wont take two hours.

If your dropping you truck at the dealer, it will take longer for them to fill the paper work out than do the work...

Last edited:
rc12ecc is the stock champion number rc10ecc is the plug I use. The rc10ecc is two steps colder.

Last edited:
Dont mean the steal the thread, but keep hearing people just use the cheap stock plugs and nothing special? Is there no benefit to using a better plug?

I think that if you have a mostly stock motor, there is no benefit to running colder plugs. The oem plugs are fine, they do what they need to do. I guess Im just gonna try and change them myself but it will be at night at the end of a looong day, hope I dont screw something up.

Dont mean the steal the thread, but keep hearing people just use the cheap stock plugs and nothing special? Is there no benefit to using a better plug?

Copper conducts electricity better than platinum or iridium, they are just harder than copper and therefore last longer

Strange idle sounds, plus more than usual condensation(engine coolant) could very possibly be a leaking head gasket.

Thats not good…I really hope thats not what it is. If there was a leaking gasket wouldnt there be smoke, oil in coolant, milky oil, etc? None of that going on here

you would smell the coolant if it was leaking. probably a leaking exhaust gasket. when you change the plugs it would be a good time to check compression. rule out a bad valve

I use NGK's in my goat, TR 6 to be exact but before the nitrous I used TR55. Would the TR55 be a good choice for the big 10?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back