R.I.P. to my best friend of 25+years

VENOMOUS1 RACING

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
Many of you know that two years ago I lost my best friend Jason (Cueball) Weaver to Cancer. I felt it would ease some pain if I posted and shared this.
Jason and I grew up together since about 12 years old. We were in the same grade/school and played football, shot pool, and played cards for almost 25 years before the good Lord took him from us. Memories are great and many! After school we both attended Texas State Technical Institute TSTI as it was called years ago and took Automotive Collision Repair and Refinish together as our passion for hot rods was very similar. We both got jobs with American Airlines installing the first generation of Airfones in the entire A/A fleet. We traveled the country seeing awesome sights, making great money, and enjoying life. I started my own shop in 99' Attitudes Vehicle Customizing and he was my right hand man, prepping and painting cars, making them lower, higher, faster and unique. After closing shop in 2001 we got into the aerial lift business building lifts from 29foot to 210 foot above the earth. Little did I know this would be our last job together forever. :(
Many never really get to have a friend as close as we were. Even after marriage we got together almost every weekend with our spouses to play cards, shoot pool, just hang out having great times. Memories are strong and never forgotten but today once again my heart is heavy as it was two years ago today he passed and joined friends and family in heaven.

Not a drinker but feeling an overcoming urge to have a few in his memory. Maybe it'll help my sadness today? I never look to alcohol or anything as a exit out of a bad day, but I think I will make exception today as my head and heart aren't right. I know I'm far from the only one who's lost someone close, whether friend, spouse, parent, sibling, or even an animal. This pain is worse than anything I've experienced including back surgery and months prior to surgery. Our hearts really have too good of nerves as this pain really hurts deep inside. Almost sickening feeling like the days prior to, and the day of and after his passing. Just dam tough to lose a buddy that you expected to be turning wrenches into their 80's with you.

R.I.P. Cueball (Trinity Jason Weaver)
Miss ya man! See ya on the other side bro.

Thanks to my REAL VTCOA family for listening. Sorry so sappy

RIP Jason Weaver
I have a better idea, go join some friends and re-live the good times and memories. Don't go about it alone.

Very sad Scott, best of luck making it through the day today and do what Wes said.

Hope you find the silver lining in today. Wes hit it on the head. Remember together with others and strengthen a newer friendship.

Sorry for the loss. Like they said go do something in his memory go shoot some pool play some cards work on a car something he would love i know it aint the same without him. Like they say with friends its quality over quantity.

Wow, thanks guys I really needed that guidance today. I'm not much for sharing personal life issues but his passing was tough, still is.
Many of you here remember that day two years ago, and had great words of encouragement and wisdom then as you do now.
Means a lot for real.
Crap it sucks:(
I think of Alice N Chains - "Down in a hole"

It'll pass my friend, just takes some more time.....think of the good not the sad, if that makes any sense.

Y'all are all correct and I try most of the year and do great! This day the past two years eats me alive. Teared up like a 3 year old that didn't get his way. Wrenched gut/ heart feel that just sux.
Appreciate y'all's words.

its hard to forget a good friend. this year is gonna be the 10th year since my friend was killed and I still cant forget.

I'm thankful for the close friends that I have. I am certainly sorry for the loss of yours.

Rip to your buddy he is doing buyouts in heaven buddy. Today also makes the day I lost my mom it use to hurt a shit ton but today I'm making sea food and knocking back bud lights and corona her favorite pas time

Sorry bro! I know how you feel. One of my best friends died in a car accident only a few miles from my house one night. To this day I keep his prayer card from the funeral in my 10, and when I'm at the track his prayer card sits in my cup holder on every pass! He rides with me every run and watches over me!!! GOD BLESS

sorry for your loss...

this year it been 23 years since my kid brother (on his bike) was hit by an asshole in a car who drove 90 in a 30 mile zone , my brother was one day before his 11th birthday...
every day i wake up , and go to sleep with it...

be strong man...;)

It's very hard to loose a best friend like that. It's even harder to know if he was suffering during the illness. It's easier to know he's not suffering now. Do a video in his honor. I recently lost a very good friend to Cancer about 6 months ago and made this video in his honor.

I'll drink one with you tonight chief. Stay strong and let the suds flow bro.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0Ys836GD0]Mission Raceway Park Drag Racing on July 13 2013 TNT - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry for you loss, God Bless

Sorry for your loss, my man. Cancer sucks. Lost my mom to it in Jan 1978 and just lost my wife to it in Oct 2012. It's hard, but we have to keep on.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back