Raced a 00" Pontiac WS6

jeffgilliam.2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't perform up to par like i thought i would. My RC has magnaflow exhaust and a drop in filter. This car had exhaust and a tune, but that is all that was said about that....Anyways, i told him the only way i would race him is if we could race from about a 20 mph roll.. He said yeah but you'll probably beat me, well so we line up and here we go, i keep up till i hit 3rd gear and he started pulling on me, we kept it up till i hit 135 and i started to let off....I knew with no real mods that it would probably be close, i way a whole ton more than his car plus shifting feels like i almost rowing a boat.....But i have only had the truck for a couple of months and don't even know how to powerbrake it....But after that i probably was behind by at least 2 car lengths.....

Looks like you need to invest some more $$$:D Where in Arkansas you from?

How many times do I have to tell you little pukes about racing on the street...?

(Sorry about the word "pukes".......:eek: ;) )

Django

Don't feel bad Jeff. I had a '00 WS6. It's not just a fancy TA. There are many differences "under the skin". With a tune and exhaust, they will easily run mid 12's. You picked on one of the fastest cars GM made in 2000. But they're still not as fun as being almost as fast in a 5000+ lb truck! ;) :D

Real races can be defined by the driver not the spectator....As a driver, my best performance is when i am already rolling and don't have to spin through 1st and 2nd just to get traction, so that's how i set up of the race...It was fun, but for a truck it hauls ass.....

Silent D said:
How many times do I have to tell you little pukes about racing on the street...?

Django
If you race on the street isn't it a felony Now in California??

since I have learned how to drive my truck and the caltracs,,,,I love going from a dig. Just feather the gas and she will launch like a mofo

Yellville is on the other half of arkansas, i live only 15 minutes away from the mississippi river....Yellville is a lot nicer of a town than what i live in, everything around here is ghetto fabolous if you know what i am saying....

Sounds close, as it should have been.

Stock for stock you probably would have won, the CAT back and filter is not much of an add. Get into the CATS and you get into some decent addition of power. Although he has a higher top end.

jeffgilliam.2005 said:
Real races can be defined by the driver not the spectator....As a driver, my best performance is when i am already rolling and don't have to spin through 1st and 2nd just to get traction, so that's how i set up of the race...It was fun, but for a truck it hauls ass.....

Well my fellow srt-10 owner, you have come to the right side..We have QC guys who know how to launch and pull 1.80 60fts...Just trying to help ya out.. Dont want ya to look like moron when you say that you can only race from a roll

You Can Brake Torque it From a Dig. But Like The All the other guys said Feather it a Tiny bit and you will feel that kickdown and than Mash it.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Silent D said:

Django

You tell 'em D, this kind of street racing behavior just makes me sick........ Keep it on the freeways!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Yeah Jeff 100 should have been the shut down speed. Give it a little longer as you get to know your truck. I have the same mods as you Jeff and I've had my fair share of kills. But I cannot divulge that here because young eyes are watching...
*looks at Tim and grins* :D

jeffgilliam.2005 said:
Yellville is on the other half of arkansas, i live only 15 minutes away from the mississippi river....Yellville is a lot nicer of a town than what i live in, everything around here is ghetto fabolous if you know what i am saying....

Well, well, well.. Welcome to your new home shared with the most diabolical lunatics this side of the Mississippi..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back