raced a challenger r/t

Any near stock 5.7 car I have raced has been bus lengths behind me and I am not a great driver. So in my personal experience, they're slow as minivans.

the automatic ones are considerably slower especially since they come with some extremely tall gears.. around 3.06s I believe. the stick cars come with 3.73s or 3.92 gears. after owning one.. it would definitely give my truck a run for its money. if I went off of what those two RC SRT trucks ran that night.. I'd leave there thinking they can't break below a 14 second pass. I knew they were faster than that though. especially after a 5.7 tundra 4dr ran a quicker ET than they did at one point that night.. lol

the automatic ones are considerably slower especially since they come with some extremely tall gears.. around 3.06s I believe. the stick cars come with 3.73s or 3.92 gears. after owning one.. it would definitely give my truck a run for its money. if I went off of what those two RC SRT trucks ran that night.. I'd leave there thinking they can't break below a 14 second pass. I knew they were faster than that though. especially after a 5.7 tundra 4dr ran a quicker ET than they did at one point that night.. lol
Your truck sounds broken. I didn't have a problem picking on 6.1 Hemi cars in my RC SRT10.

well first of all I havent raced anyone in it. Ive only owned it a couple of months and just telling ya how the truck feels vs how the car felt while driving it.. I never brought the car to the track while I owned it. all I said that it would give it a run for its money.. I didn't say it would beat it.. I myself have seen stock 5.7 6spd cars run mid 13s stock at the track and a stock SRT truck is a mid to low 13 second truck and prolly better with ideal driver and track. when it comes to street racing that half a second advantage can easily turn into a lot bigger gap because usually both vehicles don't quite leave exactly at the same time. the point was made by someone else that these trucks run low 13s stock and I've seen for myself that 5.7 challengers with a stick run a little behind in the mid 13s .. maybe the guys you've raced weren't too handy in the racing department

First time I ever went to the track in my 06 RC at full weight including the tonneau cover, I ran a 12.95 with just an exhaust system. I actually ran three 13.0X passes in a row and then hit the 12.95 on my final run that day. After putting on an underdrive pulley and throttle body and shedding the tonneau I ran back to back 12.63's at 110 mph.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back