raced a challenger r/t

I raced an RT once (actually a 6-speed manual Mopar 10 with the 5.7 Hemi) at an all Mopar meet at Famoso. It was a young kid and he challenged my truck. I told him it wouldn't be a fair race but he insisted. I went 11.68 and he went 15.32..... I was so embarrassed for him.....and he said "Holy Shit" that's a fast truck.

LOL it's also "holy cow your car is slow". My wifes durango is about capable of those times.

if a good driver is in both 6spd challenger R/T and a RC SRT-10... they are pretty close to the same in the quarter. the challengers are riddled with wheel hop from the IRS. both vehicles in stock form with decent drivers behind the wheel.. it would be a good race as long as both have a stick.

if a good driver is in both 6spd challenger R/T and a RC SRT-10... they are pretty close to the same in the quarter. the challengers are riddled with wheel hop from the IRS. both vehicles in stock form with decent drivers behind the wheel.. it would be a good race as long as both have a stick.
Stock Challenger R/T's run high 12's?

RC SRT10 is not in the 12's stock...........so probably fair....

RC SRT10 is not in the 12's stock...........so probably fair....

Several people have gone high 12s stock with an awesome DA. I personally ran numerous 13.1s with my first truck with fantastic DAs at Atco, bone stock down to the paper filter on street tires. I have also raced several R/T 6 speed Challengers and it was never even close.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the old R/T had 375HP and the new R/T Scat Pack has 485HP.... slight difference there!

I think we are focusing on the R/T Scat pack. The regular R/T is a waste of time. Might as well race a minivan. Well I guess unless you are a stock QC. They are basically minivans themselves.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the old R/T had 375HP and the new R/T Scat Pack has 485HP.... slight difference there!

It's only numbers. You added one number to two spots, so it's really only a 2 horsepower difference.

I is good at math. :D

last year I owned a 2012 R/T 6spd 3.92 car and I def wouldn't say its like a mini van. a good friend of mine that lives close to Baytown has a 09 and when he brought it to the track bone stock.. he was in the mid 13s which is what they run with a decent driver and track conditions. haven driven both a 6spd challenger and my current truck.. I think it would be a pretty good race.. years ago at the track in belle rose, la.. there was a pair of RC SRT trucks at the track. they just raced each other that night and they were in the low 14s. the climate was horribly muggy as most louisiana summer nights are and they weren't the best of drivers. when you watched them they were either blowing the tires or bogging it down on the launch. I knew that they were quicker than that but that's just a case of bad air and not so great drivers. as far as two people taking a stab at it on the black top.. that's always anyone's game. I've won races in cars I've owned in the past that if we were at the drag strip I probably wouldn't have won.. it's a different ball game. but hey that's the way it is.. it's all in good fun.. when the time comes to bring mine to the track.. I'll be happy with a 13.anything second pass.. which even if I go as slow as high 13s, it's not its full potential but it's damn fast for a heavy brick lol.

You will definitely see guys running that Scat Pack deep into the 12's on DR's with no problem.

R32's are funny too.

YUP, even the 11 second one's, which I will never have just as I could not afford to get my 10 into the 12's never mind 11's, I just like seeing what can be done with vehicle's that you would not expect to run as fast as they do.:rock:;)

last year I owned a 2012 R/T 6spd 3.92 car and I def wouldn't say its like a mini van. a good friend of mine that lives close to Baytown has a 09 and when he brought it to the track bone stock.. he was in the mid 13s which is what they run with a decent driver and track conditions. haven driven both a 6spd challenger and my current truck.. I think it would be a pretty good race.. years ago at the track in belle rose, la.. there was a pair of RC SRT trucks at the track. they just raced each other that night and they were in the low 14s. the climate was horribly muggy as most louisiana summer nights are and they weren't the best of drivers. when you watched them they were either blowing the tires or bogging it down on the launch. I knew that they were quicker than that but that's just a case of bad air and not so great drivers. as far as two people taking a stab at it on the black top.. that's always anyone's game. I've won races in cars I've owned in the past that if we were at the drag strip I probably wouldn't have won.. it's a different ball game. but hey that's the way it is.. it's all in good fun.. when the time comes to bring mine to the track.. I'll be happy with a 13.anything second pass.. which even if I go as slow as high 13s, it's not its full potential but it's damn fast for a heavy brick lol.

Im specifically reffering to the 5.7 R/Ts. The regular R/Ts.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back