raced a GC SRT8 last night

THEDAV

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was on my way home last night and noticed a silver GC SRT8 the next lane over and 1 car a head of me at the stop light heading onto the highway. When the light turned green :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: he was full throttle and gone. I thought, cool, this guy is game.

After a little maneuvering I caught up to him. We were both going around 60 mph, he gave the signal and we where off to the races. He pulled about 3/4 of a car length ahead of me immediatley, which surprised me, then I gained on him and once I put it into 5th it was all over :rock: .:rock: :rock: :bandit:

He let off after I was about 4 or 5 car lengths ahead.

I did notice he had a small sticker of a local performance/tuner shop on his cargo area window, so I assume it wasn't totally stock, especially the way it jumped on me at 60 mph!

Street racing is bad, blah blah blah... now that's outta the way.

Good kill:rock: :burnout: :D

LoveThisTruck said:
Street racing is bad, blah blah blah... now that's outta the way.

Good kill:rock: :burnout: :D

oops, forgot to put that in there! LOL.

What could have made him get the jump at 60 on me so fast? Maybe just a A/T downshift? I mean it made me go, "uh oh" for a second, and then it was no contest at the higher speeds.

THEDAV said:
oops, forgot to put that in there! LOL.

What could have made him get the jump at 60 on me so fast? Maybe just a A/T downshift? I mean it made me go, "uh oh" for a second, and then it was no contest at the higher speeds.

It is all in the power curve....

TNVIPER said:
Watch those jeeps...they can run the qtr about as quick as an RC and have no traction problems....

That's what makes them fast. Just nasty off the line, but a stock RC should murder the Jeep from a roll... as long as the Jeep is somewhat close to stock.

LoveThisTruck said:
That's what makes them fast. Just nasty off the line, but a stock RC should murder the Jeep from a roll... as long as the Jeep is somewhat close to stock.

I wouldnt say murder...the jeep is ~600LBs lighter and is just 75HP less.....but what speed you start the roll is important....if one vehicle is at the bottom of a gear and the other at mid gear then it will have an advantage even if it is the slower vehicle...

TNVIPER said:
I wouldnt say murder...the jeep is ~600LBs lighter and is just 75HP less.....but what speed you start the roll is important....if one vehicle is at the bottom of a gear and the other at mid gear then it will have an advantage even if it is the slower vehicle...

True, but as proved by the OP, from a 50-60 roll which is where we start geting traction anyways lol... you got em. I wouldn't race one from a dig unless I knew his mods though :D :burnout: I'd love to have one as a DD.

LoveThisTruck said:
True, but as proved by the OP, from a 50-60 roll which is where we start geting traction anyways lol... you got em. I wouldn't race one from a dig unless I knew his mods though :D :burnout: I'd love to have one as a DD.

I am not talking traction from a 60mph roll...I am not sure where the jeep is as far as gear....the 10 is at the bottom of 3rd so it aint making full HP...the jeep is probably at the top of 2nd making full power..this is just a guess....may be why the jeep jumped him at 60..........I would be cautious running the jeeps...they are the most surprising rides of the SRTs IMO.....had I spent what I did on my 10 on a jeep I would be able to challenge Dom...;)

TNVIPER said:
I am not talking traction from a 60mph roll...I am not sure where the jeep is as far as gear....the 10 is at the bottom of 3rd so it aint making full HP...the jeep is probably at the top of 2nd making full power..this is just a guess....may be why the jeep jumped him at 60..........I would be cautious running the jeeps...they are the most surprising rides of the SRTs IMO.....had I spent what I did on my 10 on a jeep I would be able to challenge Dom...;)

Yeah, no shit:p

Had an 8 as my dd for 2 years before I bought my quad 2 years ago, and the 8 was far quicker from a dig. In fact, quickest vehicle Ive ever owned. Neck snapping quick.
If youre stock, and took him that easily even at 60 Id say he must not have been tryin or he somehow messed up.

tommyg said:
Had an 8 as my dd for 2 years before I bought my quad 2 years ago, and the 8 was far quicker from a dig. In fact, quickest vehicle Ive ever owned. Neck snapping quick.
If youre stock, and took him that easily even at 60 Id say he must not have been tryin or he somehow messed up.
My good friend has a GC SRT8 that i can take every time, from 60 or 80 rolls. He has a tune and cat back exhaust...

From a standing start he jumps out on me, but once i hit 3rd gear i can pull him.:p

I was at the track one night and seen a srt-8 jeep in the waiting line before the track opened.

I was talking to him about what he had and whats all been done etc etc.

it was a 2009 srtjeep full exhaust, intake, dyno tuned and a supercharger.

kinda a cool night out around 70-72

jeep ran a 12.10 I thought it would be faster. out of 3 passes he made that was the best time.

and jeep was not stock weight was gutted inside with pass and full back seats removed.

my friend had one years ago and with a diablo tuner and a b-woody intake he ran a 13.1 or 13.2

RAMDUDE said:
I was at the track one night and seen a srt-8 jeep in the waiting line before the track opened.

I was talking to him about what he had and whats all been done etc etc.

it was a 2009 srtjeep full exhaust, intake, dyno tuned and a supercharger.

kinda a cool night out around 70-72

jeep ran a 12.10 I thought it would be faster. out of 3 passes he made that was the best time.

and jeep was not stock weight was gutted inside with pass and full back seats removed.

my friend had one years ago and with a diablo tuner and a b-woody intake he ran a 13.1 or 13.2

If he couldnt turn mid 11s with a blower he has a bad tuner.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back