raced a GC SRT8 last night

tommyg said:
Had an 8 as my dd for 2 years before I bought my quad 2 years ago, and the 8 was far quicker from a dig. In fact, quickest vehicle Ive ever owned. Neck snapping quick.
If youre stock, and took him that easily even at 60 Id say he must not have been tryin or he somehow messed up.

He was definitely trying, like I said he jumped ahead, I gained on him and at the higher speeds it didn't seem like he had the same "junk in his trunk".

My only modification is a Magna Flow cat back and all weather rubber floor mats.

THEDAV said:
He was definitely trying, like I said he jumped ahead, I gained on him and at the higher speeds it didn't seem like he had the same "junk in his trunk".

My only modification is a Magna Flow cat back and all weather rubber floor mats.
I think the floor mats gave you the advantage.:D

My experience with the SRT8 is the SRT8 will usually beat our trucks, even an rc. There was a fella at a local track toying with 10s recently but then he had a procharger. He had 11.9 sec quter mile times in a stock appearing jeep with stock exhaust and all. That thing was insane!!!

THEDAV said:

Yeah, the floor mats are worth 20HP..LOL..

I might clarify that from my experience the jeep can probably beat most RCs in the qtr...mainly because most people cant launch the RC to get the best run.....the jeep is a plug & play....no worry about tire spin..just floor and hold on...........but, and I mean but, if the 10 driver can drive the RC to it's fullest the 10 will probably be 1-3 tenths quicker...

As to top speed...the 10 is faster and will have an advantage as speed increases....so from a 60mph roll the jeep might lead for a short time but eventially the 10 will overtake as it did here..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back