raced my cousins roush stang

lukedovichak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well we live in the same town and were out crusing on a lonley sunday night. i get to the last set of lights before i turn off to my house and my older cousin and his wife pull up in his stang on a red light. the wife looks on his hood tells me hes roushed and that hes smiling and wants to pull. we look at each other have a laugh, and wait for the green light. light turns green and we dig in. i pull half a car and stay there until about 70 and he gets me by a car. his sc and exhaust sounded awesome. i gave him a honk and he gives me a thumbs up. it was a fun way to end the night, but now i need some more power adders:) just thought i would share. lol.

anyone played with a gt.500?? or ford gt?

later

thats pretty damn good for your mod. and pretty bad for him with your mods. has he had the car long, sounds like he doesnt know how to shift

ya, i think he was spinnin off the line, hes had the car for at least 2 years.

The ford gt and gt 500 are fast cars.....gt 500's run low 12's stock not sure on the GT's though

with those mods on the stang I wouldn't think it would have been that close, but then again it all comes down to the driver and knowing your rig with a manual trans :burnout:

or if his wife was driving, maybe she would've smoked the shit outta that 10 of yours.....maybe?:dontknow:

Dang TANK, you are one heck of a sh*t talker. Maybe I should race you in MY WIFE's car LOL! Wouldn't even be a race in MY 10, . . . . . or my DD 535 . . . . .:rock:

Last edited:
Sounds like fun! How do you launch your truck with the cal tracks?

My insurance agent races a blown GT. There is no telling what he has invested in mods. Our local track is at about 5000' and he is having a really hard time breaking into the 11's.

Don't be scared to race those mustangs:

My buddy bought a 2011 GT500. Fast car, no doubt. But, with the stock tires, he can't hook worth shit.

We raced maybe 5-6 times. I beat him every time 0-60. When my truck shifted to 3rd (QC, auto, about 70mph or so) he was gaining on me so fast it wasn't even funny. Each time, I would flash my brake lights to signal that the race was over. He would come flying around me at about 90 or so to my 65 - 70.

So, I kept saying, "Not bad considering I have 50 less hp and weigh 2000lbs more...."

He just couldn't take it. He ordered drag radials, SCT programmer, a smaller supercharger pully, a cold air intake, and a strut-tower brace. He came over to my place and we put the equipment on.

Oh holy hell. It's not even funny now. He went from 7psi to about 13 and the tires stick like glue. He can out launch, and over-take me in any gear at any speed. His car is very quick now. We did a 0-160 run (in his car, not my truck) and man was it fast. It is kinda wierd hitting the rev limiter in 5th and having to shift to 6th where it keeps pulling. Man that car is fast. I backed out of it at 160. Too fast.

Don't be scared to race those mustangs:

My buddy bought a 2011 GT500. Fast car, no doubt. But, with the stock tires, he can't hook worth shit.

We raced maybe 5-6 times. I beat him every time 0-60. When my truck shifted to 3rd (QC, auto, about 70mph or so) he was gaining on me so fast it wasn't even funny. Each time, I would flash my brake lights to signal that the race was over. He would come flying around me at about 90 or so to my 65 - 70.

So, I kept saying, "Not bad considering I have 50 less hp and weigh 2000lbs more...."

He just couldn't take it. He ordered drag radials, SCT programmer, a smaller supercharger pully, a cold air intake, and a strut-tower brace. He came over to my place and we put the equipment on.

Oh holy hell. It's not even funny now. He went from 7psi to about 13 and the tires stick like glue. He can out launch, and over-take me in any gear at any speed. His car is very quick now. We did a 0-160 run (in his car, not my truck) and man was it fast. It is kinda wierd hitting the rev limiter in 5th and having to shift to 6th where it keeps pulling. Man that car is fast. I backed out of it at 160. Too fast.

We will need video evidence to support your story ;)

well we live in the same town and were out crusing on a lonley sunday night. i get to the last set of lights before i turn off to my house and my older cousin and his wife pull up in his stang on a red light. the wife looks on his hood tells me hes roushed and that hes smiling and wants to pull. we look at each other have a laugh, and wait for the green light. light turns green and we dig in. i pull half a car and stay there until about 70 and he gets me by a car. his sc and exhaust sounded awesome. i gave him a honk and he gives me a thumbs up. it was a fun way to end the night, but now i need some more power adders:) just thought i would share. lol.

anyone played with a gt.500?? or ford gt?

later

Here is my vid vs. a Ford GT....all I can say is I 60 ft'ed him....everyone around here knows him, his license plate reads "Mullet"

What, you don't think his GT500 is that fast? I'm telling you, it screams.

Man you ain't lieing bro, those things are crazy fast, after finding out for myself I was sold and have to have one! What year 500 does your friend have?

Here is my vid vs. a Ford GT....all I can say is I 60 ft'ed him....everyone around here knows him, his license plate reads "Mullet"

wow!

some dude in my town has a gt. his plate reads whippled, so i am assuming its whipple supercharged. its scary just looking at it, let alone lining up next to it lol

Sounds like fun! How do you launch your truck with the cal tracks?

My insurance agent races a blown GT. There is no telling what he has invested in mods. Our local track is at about 5000' and he is having a really hard time breaking into the 11's.

i bought the cal-tracs for wheel hop issues i was having. when i would stomp on it, or launch it would hop mad bad. and then i found a blown rear shock that bolts on the top of the axle when i put them in, so i swapped that too. now she works good :)

i had my buddy tighten each side equally with me sitting in it then we just adjusted it from there to where it seemed to have felt the best. I think they look cool from afar too. lol

Oh I knew the ass whipping was coming, I was suprised that I got him off the line. This GT was tuned by "H".....from what I understand the owner is a pretty cool guy and has other high end cars

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back