racing fuel?

vipertank

Supporting Member
Reaction score
whould it be worth adding a few gallons of racing fuel per fill up on these truck my local gas station sells 93 octane and also sells racing fuel i was just think about it. thanks for replys.:)

If it is the Turbo Blue 110 leaded then no...it can bugger up your O2 sensors if used often......plus you will probably lose power without being tuned for higher octane.......higher octane gas normally has less energy per gallon than lessor octane fuels...

unless your spraying it wouldn't really do anything for you. Maybe if you had a tune to run a few more degrees of timing and had a detonation problem then you'd need the racing fuel but on a pretty much stock truck(even with a mail order tune from any of the vendors) it's not gonna do anything for you.

If it is the Turbo Blue 110 leaded then no...it can bugger up your O2 sensors if used often......plus you will probably lose power without being tuned for higher octane.......higher octane gas normally has less energy per gallon than lessor octane fuels...

& cats

unless your spraying it wouldn't really do anything for you. Maybe if you had a tune to run a few more degrees of timing and had a detonation problem then you'd need the racing fuel but on a pretty much stock truck(even with a mail order tune from any of the vendors) it's not gonna do anything for you.

Like he said ^^^^^...

It helps IF you need the additional octane which would be required with high cylinder pressures (high static compression ratio or forced induction).

It WILL bugger up (plug) your cats in a short time if it is leaded fuel. They overheat and fall apart inside (plug).

Higher octane fuels than what your tune/engine supports can slow you down.

Last edited:
Using more octane than your tune is for slows you down because all the fuel doesn't ignite.

i like to put about 5-7 gallons in my truck just to get eye watering and the wonderfull stink it realy throws poeple off when at a stop light

Back