Racing Pulley

Yellow Fever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does any1 know where i can find a lighter pulley for our trucks?

Thanks

Yellow Fever said:
Hi,

Does any1 know where i can find a lighter pulley for our trucks?

Thanks

do you mean a larger ooops smaller...under drive pulley?.....they don't work...

Last edited:
RedRamRules said:
Wouldn't replacing pulleys only work for forced induction applications mostly?

I don't think that's what this guy's after.

Using a smaller crank pulley slows down the rate the accessories are turning at for a given RPM, which can help protect them if you frequently turn high RPMs. This also gives a torque advantage driving them, which on most engines nets a good 4-5 hp.

March and ATI are the only companies I am aware of that offer different pullies for this engine.

Ram From Hell said:
I don't think that's what this guy's after.

Using a smaller crank pulley slows down the rate the accessories are turning at for a given RPM, which can help protect them if you frequently turn high RPMs. This also gives a torque advantage driving them, which on most engines nets a good 4-5 hp.

March and ATI are the only companies I am aware of that offer different pullies for this engine.

MOPAR also makes one

Will adding a smaller pulley affect the cooling,charging systems at idle,low RPM or in traffic on our trucks ---I had this happen when I installed one years ago on a 340 cid ---I puchased it from direct connection.

i've always put under drive pulleys on every accessory but the alternator. seemed to work for me.

TheMoparConnection said:
MOPAR also makes one
If Mopar makes em then there had to be some testing involved- is there any literature on these Mopar pulleys backing up performance gains?:D

someone needs to make some super awesome lightweight pullies, I had some on my last car and they were great!

We sell a reduction pulley for the SRT Viper and Truck. It helps on the track because of the constant higher rpm. Good for about 4-5hp peak. I have not seen a problem on the Viper by slowing down the accessory drives, but have not actually tested it on a truck in around town driving under situations where there is a high electrical draw on the alternator

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back