racing stripes?

They make you faster. My truck was black before, ever since I painted it blue and added stripes to it I swear I shaved off a full second in the 1/4 mile :D

Tape it off like you want and use some plastidip. That way before you spend any real money, you'll know if you like it.

I went with vinyl stripes over having them painted on but that was just my preference and had a local professional detailer put them on. But the stripes I bought thru these guys with great service and price.

Dual Dodge Ram truck Racing Rally stripe stripes graphics decals [089-Dodge] - $69.00 : House of Grafx, Your One Stop Vinyl Graphics Shop

976c786afb14aecdd3ab715f187e7c29.jpg

Thinking of doing the extra wide stripes. Possibly a light gray carbon fiber pattern...on the inferno red it may look pretty sharp

I went with the Oracal Hi Pro 751C color series..didn't want flat or satin black per say, so I picked Komatsu Grey (720) which looks sharp against the silver. Vinyl stripes should last about 6-7 years, which is about right because when I bought my '05 truck almost four years ago the old stripes had faded. Here is a link to Oracal color choices, which you can order thru House of Grafx.

ORACAL® 751C High Performance Cast - Graphic Products

Plastidip to see if you'll like it ;)
Peel off if ya don't. Same with Vinyl really. Paint is sweet as the gloss (if preferred) is second to none, can't feel edges ;) and longevity is much longer. Cost is reflective of longevity/quality. Don't forget with paint you can get EXACTLY the color you want, not choose from already manufactured colors. :burnout:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    972.6 KB · Views: 996
Going with a light silver carbon fiber pattern...complete custom job, no pre-cut...will be about 18 inches wide and a small pin strip on the outside of each wide strip. I'm pumped, should be done by Friday of next week, dropping it off Monday out of town until friday then picking it up

There is a black ram on here with the extra wide blue almost purple looking stripes, I'm guessing they are paint but that's the same layout I'm doing...if somebody knows who the member is please let me know

I'm trying to attend some, I travel a lot for work. It's bday weekend as well. Lol.....I just inquired with Amanda the other day about joining

here are my matte chrome blue ones

Attachments

• SubstandardFullSizeRender.jpg
    SubstandardFullSizeRender.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 49
I'm trying to attend some, I travel a lot for work. It's bday weekend as well. Lol.....I just inquired with Amanda the other day about joining

i'm gonna keep bugging u……..

we have 4 active SRT10 truck members plus a couple more that came once or twice, a bunch more in town i haven't been able to track down yet but i see them on I-15 all the time.

there is a truck show on April 18th, ATHS (american truck historical society) @ 5375 Cameron street, 8am to 4pm, registration starts @ 0700 hrs.

some of our trucks might be there, i don't think Zilla will be drivable yet. might have to go out of town for 2 wks on the 19th so i don't even know if i will walk through or not.

Big Towbin Mopar (valley auto mall in henderson) show on the 19th, starts at 11am i think, moparenvy is putting it on, 200 plus mopars supposedly registered already

don't work to hard and hope you get out to some events, if ya need info or something sometime just PM me, the moparenvy calendar doesn't get updated as often as i think it should, plus they are on Facebook also

OK guys, custom stripes are done....front to back, 19" wide, medium tone carbon fiber with 1/4 inch pin stripes on the outside.....check my album for photos

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back