Radiator cap leak...here we go...

All the trucks have a hydaulic powered fans. Monday the shop was ready to road test my truck after installing the new motor. Now the power steering pressure line coming off the pump started leaking. So I ended up ordering the braided line kit from Tony @ JTSVPerf. Had him over night them to the shop. Going to call @ 5:00 to see if they made it. Let you know how they work out.

Good luck on your build! Do we get a member discount for the lines? Looks like I'll need both sets. I'm considering having some built locally, I'll have to check on pricing though. I really like the truck but have no time to work on it right now, working for the next three weeks straight.

Good luck on your build! Do we get a member discount for the lines? Looks like I'll need both sets. I'm considering having some built locally, I'll have to check on pricing though. I really like the truck but have no time to work on it right now, working for the next three weeks straight.

The 2 pressure P/S lines (pump to fan & fan to rack) just cost me $260 from JTSV performance with priority shipping. Its a discount compared to the dealer price for one hose. The hose that comes out of the pump was like $70 and another $250 for the ends. I ordered the hose dealer never told me I needed new ends so I went with the braided kit. Even came with a lifetime warranty.

Today was the first I drove her in over 2 months. Wow the motor runs good! Only took it to 4,000rpm one time and shredded the tires. Some girl in a mini van Tryed to beat me to the merge. Not! The A/C was not working so they are still trying to iron it out.

Nice, always feels good to have your ride back. I had my Saleen down for a few months when I installed my turbo, but man it was worth it!

Nice, always feels good to have your ride back. I had my Saleen down for a few months when I installed my turbo, but man it was worth it!

I sure as hell hope so after all this. Looks like I'm keeping her forever.

You make it sound like a bad thing, haha.
I went ahead and placed my order for the oil coolant and power steering lines from Tony at JTS, can't wait to get them!

What did the dealer tell you about covering them with your service contract? Would be nice for them to at least cover the labor.

It was an extended warranty I bought through the credit union. They don't cover fittings and lines.

That's right, forgot you said that. I'm just going to do it old school, on my back, in my garage, probably cussing the whole time.

Under the nose of the truck should be a black plastic shield. It should have bolts all around the edge of the nose holding it on. The shield should cover the front part of the brake cooling ducts.

Looks like it's missing on mine then.

Attachments

• 20140611_094722.jpg
    20140611_094722.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
It would be to the left of the picture. It should be directly under the front/nose of your truck. You can see it from the front.

Ok, turns out I do have it. But I didn't have to remove it for the oil coolant lines. Hopefully I'll get to the power steering lines tomorrow after work.

Depending on the job I found it easier to just remove it and get it out of the way.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back