Range Rover Supercharged??/

SRT10VENOMOUS

1800HP Club. And climbing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey anyone on here have one of these??

Looking at trading the x5 on this beast .. 400hp etc.. its a 2007 im looking.. anyhow if you have any experience good or bad let me know.

Thanks.

Ohhh and can ya change the pullys and exhaust and get an extra 75 100hp??

Not sure about mods.... But, I've heard lots of praise about the RR Sport. :) It's Jaguar built V8 is very good. However, there is news of a NEW Rangy Sport in 2010 with the 500hp XKR engine. :cool:

sorry, the only thing i can say about the Range Rover : it's the worst car they still make today. I had one myself and can write a book about it . Was more at the dealer than i drove it. Seen there horrible things ! You won't believe it.....

best story lately : with the new 400 HP Range Rover sport our dealer invited our Toyota dealer to show of for a trip.... they only made some miles.... the car went trough his "air" suspension and grounded on the highway.... :eek: :toilet:

I had it for a year : 2 engines and 3 gear boxes. :mad:

Even my brakes went one time full ZERO ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

sorry , i tell you my experience.

PS last we came from south of France ... seen 2 cars broke : 1 Mercedes Vito and ... yepyep... 1 new!! Range Rover....

I'm going to buy a RR Sport of the same year but prob not going with the supercharged. From talking to a friend who works at the Atlanta RR dealer he sees a lot more supercharged models with warranty work than the regular models. Not sure if it's the extra power that causes it or if its that the people who step up for more power are harder on them. Either way I'm going to stick with the regular engine.

in Europe , there's a joke going round that Range Rover drivers passing each other show with fingers how many engines they broke.... :D :D

I have a good friend who also wanted one , bought one against my experience... ok, he's still driving it but it's THE story around BBQ's... :D there's ALWAYS something broke....

We had a weekend in the mountains , snow... i had to pull him in the sunshine before it started !

At a party he parked in grass... everybody leaved... he not :D :D couldn't get it started ( wet grass ?? )

He's now obsessed every day to found out what will be wrong... but it's a "red wire " during our evenings... :D :D :D ok, he love's the cars design... want to keep it ! ;)

Best joke we had with him was when the car didn't wanted to start because of his alarm.... Manual said : put key in drivers door and turn :

3 times left
2 times right
1 time left
4 times right
7 times left
2 times right etc...

bwahhahahahhahahahaa ... say it isn't thrue !

PS yes it is ! :confused: :(

Scrambler1 said:
I'm going to buy a RR Sport of the same year but prob not going with the supercharged. From talking to a friend who works at the Atlanta RR dealer he sees a lot more supercharged models with warranty work than the regular models. Not sure if it's the extra power that causes it or if its that the people who step up for more power are harder on them. Either way I'm going to stick with the regular engine.

It seams the supercharged version comes with a better interior is this my imagination or do the non supercharged versions come with that same interior???

bigike said:
GCSRT???????????? Smokes it.

Seconded. Why no GC? Obviously it's no RR but it's just as good.. With RR
your pretty much paying a little extra for the name which i have been
known to do from time to time but that's only because it was for quality
(ie: snap-on over Husky tools etc etc) with the RR i think you're missing
the quality part :dontknow: :D I actually had a choice between this truck,
a RR sport SC, and a aston martin vantage and after i testdrove the RR,
i test drove the truck, and never made it to the Aston martin dealership ;) :D :D :rock:

Andrew

is that the range that was 90 k new and 40 used whoa talk about a price value drop, Ask dan henderson after he knocked out bisping he was givin a new range from dana white and after the fight he was driving home and it broke down................... sorry givin the truck for the ultimate fighter show

Snap on V Husky............. if you earn you living on your tools, theres a difference. However comma, my favorite ratchet in the WORLD is the Husky 3/8 drive extendable handle flex head ratchet that thing is just plain awesome and CHEAP, it's a ratchet a speed wrench, a breaker bar and adjustable..... Home Depot 17$

Get a whipple 426 GC and smok'em ALL!

Hatedonmostly said:
is that the range that was 90 k new and 40 used whoa talk about a price value drop, Ask dan henderson after he knocked out bisping he was givin a new range from dana white and after the fight he was driving home and it broke down................... sorry givin the truck for the ultimate fighter show

Yep thats the one its arount 100k loaded and a 07 is about half that... so its not a bad deal unless they fall to pieces like everyone is stating..

As for the GC i would love it but this is more for the wife and she thinks dodge is not good enought for her ... She is clearly daised and confused as Dodge SRT line up is kick ass by far.. but hell she can live in her confused lil world lol.. I just have to find a nice ride that I dont mind as well Since Im footin the bill lol.... and I cant stand her bmw x5... I see about 200 of them everytime I drive it...

Anyhow... keep up the reports maybe someone will have a good story ... we'll see..

bigike said:
Snap on V Husky............. if you earn you living on your tools, theres a difference. However comma, my favorite ratchet in the WORLD is the Husky 3/8 drive extendable handle flex head ratchet that thing is just plain awesome and CHEAP, it's a ratchet a speed wrench, a breaker bar and adjustable..... Home Depot 17$

Get a whipple 426 GC and smok'em ALL!

hahaha to each his own :D :D Not putting down Husky as i still have
some husky tools but i think you know what i was trying to get at ;)

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
Yep thats the one its arount 100k loaded and a 07 is about half that... so its not a bad deal unless they fall to pieces like everyone is stating..

As for the GC i would love it but this is more for the wife and she thinks dodge is not good enought for her ... She is clearly daised and confused as Dodge SRT line up is kick ass by far.. but hell she can live in her confused lil world lol.. I just have to find a nice ride that I dont mind as well Since Im footin the bill lol.... and I cant stand her bmw x5... I see about 200 of them everytime I drive it...

Anyhow... keep up the reports maybe someone will have a good story ... we'll see..

hahahaha Bro, you're footin the bill, you pick the car :D :D :D :D :D :dontknow: :D

Am i confused or do you loose decision power when you get married?? ;)

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
Hey anyone on here have one of these??

Looking at trading the x5 on this beast .. 400hp etc.. its a 2007 im looking.. anyhow if you have any experience good or bad let me know.

Thanks.

Ohhh and can ya change the pullys and exhaust and get an extra 75 100hp??

My Boss has one its in the dealer twice a month but he likes it:dontknow: I bought My son a 2000 what a peice of shit:mad: It nickled and dimed me to about $10k the I sold it.

Go with the German I say:burnout:

thewelshm

Take her for a drive in the Jeep GC SRT 8 2008 or newer, (better interior than 06, 07) and the mygig is pretty handy, In the city The RR SC are as common as * and are either driven by gangsters or westside cougars.

Find her one of these.....

31_2008_Mercedes_Benz_GL550.jpg

:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back