READ before you vote!

supercar1of1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Read before voting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1:
In just one year. Remember the election in 2006?
Thought you might like to read the following:
A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;

2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);

4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate
(stock and mutual fund losses);

5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;

6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!

Remember it's Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work with what's handed to him.

Part 2:

Taxes...Whether Democrat or a Republican you will find these statistics
enlightening and amazing. > www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/1.html

Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008

Single making 30K - tax $8,400 Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K - tax $16,800 Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250

The democratic candidates will return to the higher tax rates. It is amazing

how many people that fall into the categories above think Bush is screwing

them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever. If Obama is
elected, he will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen.

This is like the movie The Sting with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know what happened.

ObamaChange.jpg

Damn right.........

"Change for the simple sake of change is like jumping off a cliff hoping that you can learn to fly before you hit bottom......" -tadp

Django said:
Damn right.........

"Change for the simple sake of change is like jumping off a cliff hoping that you can learn to fly before you hit bottom......" -tadp

Well said!
(as usual)

Django said:
Damn right.........

Yeah the last 8 years have been special :marchmellow: Instead of all you guys fearing what may happen in the future under President Obama....I say look at the past 3 Republican terms in the White House and burry your heads in the sand in shame....12 yrs of do nothing politics under Presidents that will go down in history as making Taft look like Lincoln :D

supercar1of1 said:

Read before voting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1:
In just one year. Remember the election in 2006?
Thought you might like to read the following:
A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;

2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);

4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate
(stock and mutual fund losses);

5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;

6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!

Remember it's Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work with what's handed to him.

Part 2:

Taxes...Whether Democrat or a Republican you will find these statistics
enlightening and amazing. > www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/1.html

Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008

Single making 30K - tax $8,400 Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K - tax $16,800 Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250

The democratic candidates will return to the higher tax rates. It is amazing

how many people that fall into the categories above think Bush is screwing

them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever. If Obama is
elected, he will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen.

This is like the movie The Sting with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know what happened.

ObamaChange.jpg

Damn straight. But on the down side every one is sipping the osama kool-aid right now.

I hope people wake before they vote osama in. Lord have mercy on us all if he gets in.

z-man said:
Damn straight. But on the down side every one is sipping the osama kool-aid right now.

I hope people wake before they vote osama in. Lord have mercy on us all if he gets in.
I bet he does not get us in a meaningless war and destroy 4000 plus families lives for nothing ;) :D

TheSickness said:
I bet he does not get us in a meaningless war and destroy 4000 plus families lives for nothing ;) :D

I wouldn't call the 'WAR" meaningless. We didn't lose that many troops in the "WAR".

What is meaningless and costing the troops their lives and hurting families is our troops being the Iraqi police. Come on we should have been gone after we got Hussein. They are dealing with freaking idiots with bombs strapped on them.

The everyday violence has has more casualties that the "WAR" itself.

There is no reason we should still be there. Let them blow each other up fighting for control of their government.

Disclaimer: I use the term we loosely as I am not in the service. I have a deep respect for all who are in or have been in the service.

bigike said:
Or save Million upon Millions.......................................
Got a bridge in Brooklyn I will sell ya....You gotta be kidding me right ? Tell me what threat Iraq posed to the free world before or after 9/11 ? Give me one viable account of crimes Saddam Hussein levied on our country ? The real war on terror is not in Iraq...Al Qaida was not even in Iraq before this last war started ! Iraq did not attack us ? Are we better off because we went there with no clear objective, time table, no battle plan or what to do once we won...9 Trillion dollars and 4,000 lives later what is the end game ? Problem is we in our near sighted arrogance never learned lessons of the 53,000 lives lessons learned in Nam and we are repeating it on a smaller scale now.

You can't fight a war from the White House and certainly not with the Idiot we elected to spearhead it...I am no bleeding heart liberal either I am a Republican and have been since old enough to serve my beloved country and shed blood for it. So there it is Ike gimme just 1 example and I will change my vote for McCain right now.....I await an intelligent and thought out response that includes facts and no hyperbole :D Let me know if I should expect a social secuirity check first :marchmellow:

z-man said:
I wouldn't call the 'WAR" meaningless. We didn't lose that many troops in the "WAR".

What is meaningless and costing the troops their lives and hurting families is our troops being the Iraqi police. Come on we should have been gone after we got Hussein. They are dealing with freaking idiots with bombs strapped on them.

The everyday violence has has more casualties that the "WAR" itself.

There is no reason we should still be there. Let them blow each other up fighting for control of their government.

Disclaimer: I use the term we loosely as I am not in the service. I have a deep respect for all who are in or have been in the service.
The War in Iraq was started because we have no sack to hit the country next to it because of China and Russia. Simple as that it was a show of we have the bigger cock and nothing more...Iran may be backwards but give them some credit for having the Nad to stand up to us and say screw you...You will not dictate policy for our country...That takes balls..No sense but big balls my friend :D

TheSickness said:
The War in Iraq was started because we have no sack to hit the country next to it because of China and Russia. Simple as that it was a show of we have the bigger cock and nothing more...Iran may be backwards but give them some credit for having the Nad to stand up to us and say screw you...You will not dictate policy for our country...That takes balls..No sense but big balls my friend :D

I have to agree that Iran is a very legit threat. We need to stop dicking around with them, shit or get off the pot.

The war in Iraq was started because of alleged WMD's, which we still have found none.

Harboring terrorists is another. Part of me wonders did he go to war with Iraq to finish what his dad didn't. Like I said we should have been out long ago, after capturing Hussein. Yes Iraq has been liberated from Hussien but they did use the terrorists line to start the war there.

I was in elementary school when Reagan was President. I here the following comment from both Republicans and Democrats: " We need another Reagan."

Care to elaborate Mikey or anyone?

I was too young to know anything about his tenure as President.

Bush isn't the best President we ever had and I wouldn't say he is the worst but he for sure as hell could have been better.

The whole nation loved him after 9/11 now the majority despises him. The war and economy are the driving forces that are giving him the low approval rating.

z-man said:
I have to agree that Iran is a very legit threat. We need to stop dicking around with them, shit or get off the pot.

The war in Iraq was started because of alleged WMD's, which we still have found none.

Harboring terrorists is another. Part of me wonders did he go to war with Iraq to finish what his dad didn't. Like I said we should have been out long ago, after capturing Hussein. Yes Iraq has been liberated from Hussein but they did use the terrorists line to start the war there.

I was in elementary school when Reagan was President. I here the following comment from both Republicans and Democrats: " We need another Reagan."

Care to elaborate Mikey or anyone?

I was too young to know anything about his tenure as President.

Bush isn't the best President we ever had and I wouldn't say he is the worst but he for sure as hell could have been better.

The whole nation loved him after 9/11 now the majority despises him. The war and economy are the driving forces that are giving him the low approval rating.
Ronald Reagan IMO was one of the greatest presidents ever...I know I am one of the very few on this board to have this opinion though. He was the great communicator and reached across party lines to achieve many things. He was inclusive and he did not take any bullshit. He inspired me to do what I did and many others. That is how I feel about Obama...I don't care for a lot of his parties politics and I have never voted Democrat in any election before this....Local or National. I believe he can and will get things done. He can't possibly do any worse then what we have now by default.

I like the fact he is relatively new to the scene and I am buying his version of Bullshit this time rather than elect someone who has the same agenda the current President has...It's failed horribly and our kids will be the ones who suffer because of his policies. I am optimistic at least that just maybe he might do some good for us the working stiff for a change. I see a parallel in that the oil companies are making record profits while a oilman is in office...I want a change for better or worse...There are many more reasons I have posted in the past but get blurred because I am the lone wolf on the site that supports him :D

TheSickness said:
Ronald Reagan IMO was one of the greatest presidents ever...I know I am one of the very few on this board to have this opinion though. He was the great communicator and reached across party lines to achieve many things. He was inclusive and he did not take any bullshit. He inspired me to do what I did and many others. That is how I feel about Obama...I don't care for a lot of his parties politics and I have never voted Democrat in any election before this....Local or National. I believe he can and will get things done. He can't possibly do any worse then what we have now by default.

I like the fact he is relatively new to the scene and I am buying his version of Bullshit this time rather than elect someone who has the same agenda the current President has...It's failed horribly and our kids will be the ones who suffer because of his policies. I am optimistic at least that just maybe he might do some good for us the working stiff for a change. I see a parallel in that the oil companies are making record profits while a oilman is in office...I want a change for better or worse...There are many more reasons I have posted in the past but get blurred because I am the lone wolf on the site that supports him :D

You have said about Reagan what the others have said. That is what makes our nation so great is that you can vote for who you want.

The good thing about McCain is that he is not a true conservative in the sense that it is used. There are some religious leaders who are reluctant to back him due to this.

I will vote for McCain in November and I hear shit at work from the African Americans that what you won't vote for a black man? I tell them it isn't that at all. I would then ask them why they are voting for obama and they say we need a black man in office.

Their statement is what is totally wrong. They are voting for obama only because he is black. They can't even name any of reasons for running for President.

I hope that whoever gets in rights the ship, which I hope is McCain. To right the ship he will need to get this nation turned back to God. We were once a powerful and prosperous nation until we turned our back on God and took him out of everything.

z-man said:
You have said about Reagan what the others have said. That is what makes our nation so great is that you can vote for who you want.

The good thing about McCain is that he is not a true conservative in the sense that it is used. There are some religious leaders who are reluctant to back him due to this.

I will vote for McCain in November and I hear shit at work from the African Americans that what you won't vote for a black man? I tell them it isn't that at all. I would then ask them why they are voting for obama and they say we need a black man in office.

Their statement is what is totally wrong. They are voting for obama only because he is black. They can't even name any of reasons for running for President.

I hope that whoever gets in rights the ship, which I hope is McCain. To right the ship he will need to get this nation turned back to God. We were once a powerful and prosperous nation until we turned our back on God and took him out of everything.
I would like to state for the record that I have never once said that I do not like Senator McCain....because I do like him...as a Senator :D

TheSickness said:
I would like to state for the record that I have never once said that I do not like Senator McCain....because I do like him...as a Senator :D

You never said you didn't like him. You said you weren't voting for him.;) :marchmellow:

z-man said:
You never said you didn't like him. You said you weren't voting for him.;) :marchmellow:
I admire the man to be honest...He is a Hero and a great Statesman. I have got to see who both choose as running mates before I cast my final vote though....I prefer to look at the whole pkg before I make a choice. So we will see won't we :D

TheSickness said:
I admire the man to be honest...He is a Hero and a great Statesman. I have got to see who both choose as running mates before I cast my final vote though....I prefer to look at the whole pkg before I make a choice. So we will see won't we :D

Here is a preview .............. :p

Attachments

• Jackasses[1].jpg
    Jackasses[1].jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 31
TheSickness said:

Well, at least you are honest about "The Package" :marchmellow: :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back